Lovers of Hate

by Farkel 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Any rational person knows that hatred is probably the most destructive human emotion of all. Billions of people have died and suffered as a result of it. Why, then would a supposedly divine, loving and perfect God set the worst kind of example for weak humans by practicing hatred himself and wanting humans to follow his creepy example?

Here we have "pure hatred" and "hating in the truest sense" which is alleged to be a GOOD thing:

*** w52 10/1 599 A Strong Refuge Today ***
    11 Haters of God and his people are to be hated, but this does not mean that we will take any opportunity of bringing physical hurt to them in a spirit of malice or spite, for both malice and spite belong to the Devil, whereas pure hatred does not. We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest.

Here we have "perfect" hatred (as opposed to "imperfect" hatred?):

*** w52 9/1 532 Why Maturity of Discernment Vital ***
    Appreciation of God's thoughts stirs the servant to indignation against God's enemies who take his name in vain, and he boldly declares his attitude against them: "I hate them with perfect hatred: they are become mine enemies."

More "perfect" hatred here:

*** w52 10/1 599 A Strong Refuge Today ***
    Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred." (Ps. 139:19-22, AS)

God hates, so we can hate too:

*** w92 1/1 21 Fear Jehovah and Glorify His Holy Name ***
    If we, like Jesus, desire Jehovah's blessing, we must detest the badness, the immorality, the violence, and the greed of Satan's proud world. (Compare Proverbs 6:16-19.) We must love what Jehovah loves and hate what he hates. We must fear to do anything that would displease Jehovah. "In the fear of Jehovah one turns away from bad."-Proverbs 16:6.

It's always good to have a nice dose of "godly" hatred, too:

*** w63 8/1 468 Surviving Through Faith ***
    14 Living in a corrupt, delinquent world, the man of faith is surrounded by so many evil influences, that he must keep up his guard at all times. There are other "things that Jehovah does hate," and which we should likewise hate with a godly hatred.

I ask you: how can hatred ever eliminate hatred?

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the kind of hate that is intolerant of any viewpoints that do not coincide with the organization's. And there is no room for it--in fact, hating any person solely because they do acts (that don't even cause harm to society) is stupid.

There is one place for hate, but not the kind where we seek to kill. If a person is a willful value destroyer, and is causing great harm to society, that person is one that is to be hated. But this hatred is primarily to protect society from having such humanoids ever having the power to destroy civilization again. In practice, it amounts to the vast minority of those in charge and that have ruined many lives with volitionally practiced actions. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does fit that category.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just one of many reasons why the bible is B.S.

• Farkel
    Farkel

WTW,

:There is one place for hate, but not the kind where we seek to kill. If a person is a willful value destroyer, and is causing great harm to society, that person is one that is to be hated.

I beg to differ. I see no reason to ever hate anyone. Hate the deeds, yes. Hate the doer, no.

Farkel

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hate just breeds more hate, you can't turn it off.

• Carlos_Helms
    Carlos_Helms

Yeah...that would be swell if people understood what love really is..but they don't. They DO understand hate however.

This is just some "reason" the watchtower dug up to justify its own lack of love. According to it, the Christian isn't just identified by a love that he can't comprehend...he is identified by a hate that he does.

Carlos

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's easier to hate than to love. I think we're all guilty of hating something we don't understand, too.

• VM44
    VM44

ARMAGEDDON, INC.
    Jehovah's Witnesses Make Hate a Religion

By Stanley High

The Saturday Evening Post, September 14, 1940

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/armageddoninc.html

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Farkel

Any rational person knows that hatred is probably the most destructive human emotion of all.

It can be, but it's not always. Don't tell me you don't hate. There are times when hatred is a good or just thing. I hate terror, and terrorist for example. Just like you, God is free to hate anything or anyone.

Edited to add: God Hates the WT more than you do.

• caliber
    caliber

Hate just breeds more hate, you can't turn it off.

I so agree with this statement, it's like marking or DA. ing , if you put mental blocks on your love it becomes artificial, mechanical....how then is hate any different ? Feelings most flow naturally from the heart to be genuine ! Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit