1st time post

by Infrared 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Infrared
    Infrared

Hello all, first time post, long time observer. I have been free from the WTBTS for a couple of years now, and am excited to meet some new people who have been there and done that like I have. The big bad "world" dosent seem so bad anymore. It was hard at first being completely cutt-off from the only people I associated with growing up, but it gets easier everyday. I feel free to do whatever my heart desires, (ie personal goals, career aspirations) without being dictated by a handful of old men in Brooklyn. I was never Disfellowshipped or DA myself, I just slipped through the cracks. But it makes no difference, I am still equally shunned as if I am swine. I have learned so much on the internet, and I am greatful to the people resposible for the abundance of info on forums such as these. Anyway, I look forward to meeting many of you in the future, and making new friends.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Infrared

Welcome to the board

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

......Greetings & Salutations.............Jedd

• AmazingProgeny
    AmazingProgeny

Hello and Welcome!

I don't post much but I do read almost every day.

I also love feeling free to do what I want. That freedom is something I value greatly.

AP

• roybatty
    roybatty

Welcome to the board and the real life.

• Infrared
    Infrared

Thank You,

Quick question. The hardest thing for me is dealing with family that are still witnesses. My family dosent necessarily shun me, but are unwilling to discuss doctrine, or doubts, even though I know they have all had them. I have been very subtle about my approach, but There is no room for discussion with them. I know all of you face this to. What do you do?

• battman
    battman

Welcome Infared,
    You could always use their own tactics with them.
    I especially like the scriptural advise to "win them
    without a word". Your lifestyle, accomplishments
    and especially your true happiness will far out shine
    anything you could say. When they are ready then
    I hope they will ask questions.

Remember when a new one would be obnoxiously
    over zealous when they "found the truth"? Same
    could apply to us when we discover the truth about
    "The Truth". I also slipped thru the cracks and now
    completely shunned!! Very hurtful at first but by their
    actions they shall be known.

hang tuff good buddy and look forward to your posts,

Cheers,

Battman

• Simon
    Simon

Hi & welcome

I was planning on making some cheesey joke about you being the one changing channels on my TV (get-it?) but I don't want any rotten fruit thrown my way.

Hope you enjoy the forum

• Infrared
    Infrared

Thanks Battman,

Good advice. What annoys me the most, is that "God will provide the answers in his own time" BS. Which to me basically means I have no answers for your qustions, but I am too brainwashed to care what I think. I have certainly tried not to be over zealous, like a new witness is, and I have been slowly plugging away for two years now to no avail. Also everytime something happens in the news, like the terrorist attacks, I get that "end is so close rap that drives me nuts" to the contrary it pushes me in the other direction. It is unreal how the society plays on peoples emotions to raise a scare, to try to boost there numbers.

• Infrared
    Infrared

Hey Simon,

My cheesy handle is my way of saying I have seen the light after years of darkness. But that I can change your channel too. I am multi faceted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit