1983 Australia Gov. Body member Lyod Barry promises NO change to 1914!

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Listening to the Australia Bethel dedication talks 1983 {avalible on cassette} Loyd Barry of the Governing Body tells of how an old Missionary Brother aproached him and said: "The society can change any doctrine they want...but please Brother, don't change the doctrine regarding 1914." {He had hoped to live thru to paradise} Loyd responds: "Brothers, we have NO intension of changing the 1914 doctrine."

Remember this was just after Raymond Franz handed out to the Governing Body members, copies of an article written by an Elder dis-proving 607 and 1914....I think in 1979.

So, after Loyd Barry died, in 1993, the 1914 generation theory was thrown out...that missionary had long since died.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Hey ''James'' how about posting a link to the talks, so we can have a listen to him ?

That will be your mission,,,, should you choose to accept it .......

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry mate I would but I have no idea how???? Unlike the real 007 I have basic computer skills.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    "Brothers, we have NO intension of changing the 1914 doctrine."

Gotcha! Red-handed! Really, if they were some sort of channel....wouldn't it be more like, "Brother, I have no idea what will be revealed tomorrow regarding 1914"?

• megawatt
    megawatt

Oh man. That's some gold right there. If there's anyway to post up, do it!!!! Hell, I'll even pay for shipping for that tape (or copy) and convert to an mp3, making it available for all.

Audio clip from GOV. body member promising no changes to a core belief is priceless.

• shamus100
    shamus100

WE will not change the doctrine of 1914???

Jehobla through is holy spirit (pppfffffftttttttttt,,,, hahahahahahaha) changes his mind all the time with regards to doctrine - what's he talking about? WE????

They're so transparent.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We'll try and get the tape on here....but if there is any Hi-Tec Aussie who has it, and can put it on here that would be great!...you could buy them at Bethel in Sydney...dunno if you can now though. I stole it from my mums tape collection.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I could get the tape into mp3 format no probs, but I don't have the tape unfortunately.

• brinjen
    brinjen

007, if I pm you my postal address would you be able to make a copy and sent it to me? Or, you could connect a tape player to the line in socket on your sound card and use a program like Audacity (free download) to record it yourself...

• asilentone
    asilentone

Lloyd Barry died in 1999 not in 1993.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit