One thing that puzzled me

by Vincent 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vincent
    Vincent

Hi All

This has puzzled me as reading about a critical ill father and blood transfusion refusal by a stupied wife that was a JW, when you become more serious in this cult it seems to play havoc on the emotions. When I used to be a bible student. I was giving off negative emotions (sadness, crying at certain things like seeing violence).

While I was in the cult I used to end up in tears for no reasons or go emotional.

Now I left them after Emma Gough's death even that set me off hearing it and seeing it. Now when you look at me after left them for few months now I am back to normal, I have tried to tell elderes that knocked on me that too.

Does the brain washing cause a lot of emotional sensitiviy as I had made an elder cry too by talking about looking after my girlfriend.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

When your whole being hinges on one person or institution, this is not a healthy state of mind.

Does the brain washing cause a lot of emotional sensitiviy

So yes, in some people it causes this reaction. In others it causes the opposite.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Brain-washing strips a person from their individuality. They more-or-less become an empty shell of a human being that has put their brain on "auto pilot" to only listen and obey from the controlling person(s).

• Casper
    Casper

I think all the "Stress" we were under has alot to do with too...

Cas

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I noticed that when I left too. I atributed it to having my whole life and belief system rocked. I had always been a JW, never knew any different. I was lost for a time and emotionally drained.

momz

• Vincent
    Vincent

Thanks for the replies, That will be beared in mind to warn off my friends about this cult if they think of joining.

Even my girlfriend and someone at work saw me very stressed with black eyes and etc. After I left over the Emma Gough's death, I was bothered by 2 witnesses, I got extremely angry with them to use violence but luckly I didn't this roughly lasted over a couple of months as the teaching was wearing away. I was looking up a lot of information about disfellowshipping at the time and watching the secrets of JW

I have a pen friend who was an EX JW, she was like a counseller by e-mail that also helped me a lot

• JK666
    JK666

I was born in.

When I left, I had to reinvent myself. I did not trust anything I was previously taught, and had to reevaluate everything!

My emotions were a jumbled mess, and to some extent, still are.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit