A Desperate Regime That Will Do Anything ...

by compound complex 12 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

I just caught the conclusion of an NPR news brief regarding Zimbabwe (I believe the country is Zimbabwe); the government is using food as a weapon, i.e., 'you support our regime and we'll feed you.'

The journalist ended her report saying that it is 'a desperate regime that will do anything to stay in power.'

My first thought was of the Governing Body.

Call me crazy ...

CoCo

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

In some ways the GB is worse. They use fear as a means to control people now and in the future.

Do as we say or you'll be killed at Armageddon and birds will pick your eyeballs out and eat them.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Personally, I never worried much about the 'birds plucking my eyes out' if I was already dead. Would that hurt?

Sometimes, I felt death to be better than the JW lifestyle, but thankfully 'freedom in Christ' appears to be best!

Outaservice

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are a bit similar. Mugabe destroyed the farms that supported the country, and even produced enough to be able to export food. The wt suppresses it's members, limits their education, kills their productivity and creativity. Both are self destructive, in the long run.

S

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I don't think their strongest fear factor is the threat of death at armageddon... I think it is the threat of ripping you away from your family and friends while you are still alive.

The threat of abandonment.

They shouldn't have that much power.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Not to hijack your thread, but have you ever noticed the negative connotation "regime" has? Why does the United States never refer to itself as a regime? Interesting.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Exactly the same thing that Josef Stalin did to Russia pre WW2 to force the peasants into submissions. Burn their private crops - force them into his collective farms, put them in the Gulag if they did not meet the quota, or were suspected of saving food for themselves.

Disgusting to see the other day that Gorbechev tried to state a reminder of the evils of Stalin, and Putin (who is holding onto power with a more grim embrace than even Hillary) tried to quash it.

Putin thinks that Stalin should be remembered as doing a lot of great things for Russia.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    Sometimes, I felt death to be better than the JW lifestyle,

OAS, that was exactly my reasoning when I left the JWs. I was so miserable that I knew I could never tolerate living forever on Earth under those circumstances. Death was preferable to life as a JW.

StAnn

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Zimbabwe also has a relly bad problem with hyperinflation. I think they're printing 500,000,000 Zimbabwe Dollar notes now.

• llbh
    llbh

There is a connection though not degree.

The regime of Robert Mugabe is truly awful,In England we have many refugees of this truly despotic man,

The wts like Mugabe likes to control, no matter whatt the cost to the people they seek tro and do control. This is the terrible hubris that both represent.

For both thier time will pass , but in the meantime there will be many victims

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit