For Australian posters: Any News about the tertiary education purge?

by ozziepost 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/159645/1.ashx

Mrs Ozzie and I are VERY interested in what stillajwexelder reported in his thread today Why I will NEVER be an elder again when he reported:

So the PO confirmed what many on this board already know. At latest round of CO to Elders meeting, the CO quoted from the Society outline. Any elder or MS who encourages college for his kids or others or who allows his children to go to college will no longer qualify.

If this is translated to the Australian scene, we are very interested to know how it 'pans out'. As you may guess, we do have a vested interest in this as we are sure that several of our JW relatives downunder will be under extreme pressure to comply, yet their words will be seen as incongruous (hypocritical?) by the R&F. In particular, we wonder how one relative will present this material in the congregations that he visits as a C.O.? Oh, we'd love to know!

We hope and pray that this will prove so uncomfortable for our relatives that it causes them to look with 'eyes wide open' at what the WTS truly is, a controlling cult.

So, impatiently perhaps we are anxious to have some verification of this in Australian congregations.

Post any news. Please.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Ozzie.

My father is overseas on holidays at the moment, but I am dieing to ask him a couple of questions when he is back, as he is still a CO. One is this one about education and the other is if he had heard that the role of CO is to cease. However, since he does not really speak with me anymore, I doubt he will be too willing to confirm this information.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day jwfacts,

I was hoping you'd be able to share - really glad you have it mind.

As you know, this has special significance for Mrs Ozzie and i - we really hope the local branch come down hard on this one - it'll really show our dear ones the truth about "The Truthâ„¢".

Keep in touch.

Cheers, Ozzie

P.S. hope things are well with you and yours.

• penny2
    penny2

I'm also waiting with interest on how this develops in Australia. In the 1970's, it was frowned upon to continue at school after the age of 15 (when you could legally leave school in Australia).

But times have changed. There are some congregations now where most teenagers go to university or college. Including sons and daughters of elders.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I heard nothing, but it seems way harsh if it's true...I can't believe they would do it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

believe me when I say this: there are MANY things that the CO transmits to the elders and MS's that will never be said in the wt's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit