Why we must obey the F&DS - according to this "brother"

by bud2114 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Let us know if your relative replies.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

That email illustrates pricisely the reason the bible was written in the first place. It is a collection of myths and historical fiction that cause a person to shun what they see with their own eyes and reject their own senses in favor of dogma from a book. This gives the official interpreters of the Bible tremendous power over people. It's not justr JWs that close their eyes and say "lalalala," it's all bible believers, every last one of them.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Bud,

I think that's one of the best reply's to this line of "reasoning" I've ever seen. Hope you don't mind me stealing it!!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Bud,

Not to nitpick and I may be wrong here, but didn't they resign from the UN in 2001, rather than 2004? Just in the interests of having all the facts lined up correctly!

• bud2114
    bud2114

Meeting Junkie - you are correct. The UN relationship lasted from 1991-2001. In my haste, I failed to see this typo error. It actually makes my point stronger - going on 7 years and nothing. No public acknowledgement whatsoever. Not on the WT website, not in any publication, nothing. It's as if it didn't happen in the minds of the delusional GB members. Most JW's still no nothing about it - although more and more are becoming aware thanks to the NET.

As to others who feel this rebuttal could help them - go for it. It's why I posted it. Perhaps someone else can use some of the info to counter the "encouraging" stuff they may receive.

• still_in74
    still_in74

Good job on your reply. This is a perfect example of how JW's blabber out unsubstantiated rhetoric from the platform and the R&F just eat it up.
    Only minimal research is actually needed to completely undermine the foundation of everything they say - yet the R&F never do it. Not even that little bit of research. They choose to be naive.

Scriptures are considered only to reinforce a predetermined line of thought - not to really evaluate the context and meaning

can we really appreciate the depth of this statement? A JW would say "of course! We use scriptures to support our teachings, not like the Catholics!" or something to that effect.
    Yet we see this fact with open eyes/minds. It is so clear. So obvious the means of deception employed by the WTS.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Thanks for the great argument... I will get a lot of mileage out of it.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Your comments to this brother are good. I know when I was in I began to question the logic of the FDS class when they went from condemning organ transplants then in the 1980's totally turned it around and said it was ok. A complete reveral of the policy. Up until then a JW could disfellowshipped if they had a organ transplant.

An Elder said to me one day. Ruth you seem to have lost confidence in the FDS and I looked at him and said, "your right my trust is not real high right now". I told him about the change in the organ transplant policy and asked did Jehovah change his mind or did the brothers change theirs? Was Jehovah wrong or was the FDS class wrong? He didn't know what to say and just nodded at me. I continued to tell him I see the same thing happening with blood transfusions. I've lost my son because of the blood transfusion policy, if the FDS changes it in the future how am I suppose to feel about that? Do I trust God or should I trust falliable men who make mistakes? He said to me," well just keep praying over the matter it will become clear to you." This was a month or so before I left in 2001.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good points Jeremy C!

• lost-in-time
    lost-in-time
    was at an assembly day recently, and the brother from Bethel (Brother Little) actually said "if the faithful and discreet slave tells us to jump, we should say "how high?"......and while we're on the way up........:" (I guess he's in agreement with the cult mentality)

Just like "Simon says" game!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit