Major Milestone

by Bobbi 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

A couple of weeks ago I went on a school trip with my sons school. It was held in an sports arena. While sitting there looking at all the kids filing in and filling up the seats, my mind went to all the conventions I attended in similar venues.

Ok now for the funny part.

You remember all the times we sat down for the anthem or left entirely. Or even during our fades, we stood but didn't sing?

Well I sang my heart out!!!

Yes ladies, gents and fellow apostates, I sang the National Anthem with thousands of little kids. No I was not struck down by lightening. It felt wonderful to put one more brick on the wall between me and the borg.

Bobbi

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

haha... even if you get to sing "O Canada" ......... really, good for you!

Hill

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

YAY BOBBI!

You go girl!

Normalcy feels so much better doesn't it?

You rock!

RD

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Good for you, Bobbi! It feels good to break free, doesn't it? You Go, Lady!!!

• Casper
    Casper

Liberating isn't it....!!!!!!!!!!!

Cas

• BFD
    BFD

...and the home of the brave

Oh, wait a minute. WTH is your song, anyway?

Congratulations!

BFD

• BFD
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Good for you Bobbi. I've always thought the Canadian anthem was awesome -- even back in my younger JW days.

They used to play both the Canadian and American anthems at Minnesota hockey games when the visiting team was from Canada, and I always liked the Canadian one better. (Now if the American anthem were "America the Beautiful", we'd really have something here.)

• 38 Years
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Congratulations! I had the same feeling too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit