The Path to Love

by Farkel 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Farkel
    Farkel

I don't often recommend books to read in this forum, and this is an exception. "The Path to Love" was written by Deepak Chopra. I've read a half dozen of his books and I know others in here are also familiar with his work. He's had five multi-part series' on spiritual subjects on PBS television and has a wellness Center in La Jolla, California. When you see and hear him, you'll probably feel or notice a spiritual radiance that is rarely seen in humans, a radiance that one sees in someone like the Dali Lama or Mother Teresa.

This is the best "handbook" on love and relationships I've ever seen and I've read a ton of them. Love is not what most of us think it is, most of us enter into relationships for everything but the right reasons, relationships fail for reasons we would never otherwise consider.

Chopra draws from many sources including traditional medicine (he is an M.D.), Indian philosophy, Chinese philosophy, Christianity, Jesus, Buddha, the Song of Solomon and from many other spiritual masters and sources.

This book is more than a guidebook on love. It is a wonderful guidebook on life and how to live it to the fullest. There is more wisdom and truth in one page of this book than in all articles the WTS has ever written on the subject put together.

I highly recommend it.

Farkel, Lovable Class

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

This is the best "handbook" on love and relationships I've ever seen and I've read a ton of them. Love is not what most of us think it is, most of us enter into relationships for everything but the right reasons, relationships fail for reasons we would never otherwise consider.

Sounds interesting. Can you give us a little taster of an example…….

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I have read this one and it is a beautiful, very important read.

I couldn't resist inking in the margins to myself... and I found myself making happy squiggles to mark the notes of interest rather than underlining. I love my copy.

Thanks for reminding me.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Thanks Farkel. Is it the one with the full title of 'The Path to Love: Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Love You Need'?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, you need to find more than someone's attractiveness and kissing skills important when choosing a partner. Compatibility is very important.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

For Mister Majestic:

A bit of a review on Googlebooks:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=d5QPAAAACAAJ&dq=path+to+love&ei=8n5ESJKSGZL-jgGOit2vBg

and some excerpts from Deepak's site:
    http://deepakchopra.wwwhubs.com/chopra6.htm

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Thanks for kindly sharing those excepts BabaYaga. Very interesting. As always it seems to be important to know yourself and be comfortable with yourself first. But I must say that I got the feeling that the book might go on to be a little idyllic.

Is my presumption correct…..??

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Idyllic... hmmnnnn... well, no, I personally don't remember it as being idyllic (it has been some time since I read it). Actually I think it's pretty realistic, and encourages searching oneself. Truly, let's face it... the path to love isn't going anywhere if it doesn't start within us, right?

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    Truly, let's face it... the path to love isn't going anywhere if it doesn't start within us, right?

Very much so. My thoughts were more along the lines of the fact that two people could know themselves very well, but if you put them together then they would never work. But then it would be common sense that you wouldn’t pick such a person to be with.

But then my thought went to people that were already in a relationship and they were finding things difficult, and if it was realistic that such a relationship would be salvageable…….?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Eyes Open,

:Thanks Farkel. Is it the one with the full title of 'The Path to Love: Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Love You Need'?

My copy has the subtitle, "Renewing the Power of Spirit in Your Life." But Deepak Chopra only wrote ONE book with the title, "The Path to Love!" Furthermore, Chopra considers "need" to be one of the problems and barriers to mature, fulfilling love, so I doubt he would use that word in any subtitle.

Mr. Majestic,

:But I must say that I got the feeling that the book might go on to be a little idyllic.

:Is my presumption correct…..??

Not really. In fact, it hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. But then again, maybe they were just "idyllic" bricks!

Chopra is filled with compassion, love and a deep understanding of the human condition. I'll let his book speak for itself.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit