Avoid Spiritism? Is it the work of demons?

by bbinkss 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

The bible tells us to 'avoid spiritism'. Even if we believe in life after death, can our loved ones contact us or are satan and his demons deceiving us?

I know that there are so many frauds out there and I am far from gullible, I know to look for generalised statements and 'cold reading'........However......

I really think I have seen the work of a genuine medium!

What do you think?

Bbinkss X

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I don't beleive any of it.

• Sirona
    Sirona

It is not Satan and demons deceiving us.

IMO

Sirona

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

Hello there, I am doing tarot since I got out.. When you think of it, SPIRITISM is just trying get into contact with the spirit world.. In the tarot, there are many symbols of the bible.. The word 'spritism' isn't really in the bible.. I believe, it's witchcraft.. I don't foretell the future with the cards, as I don't think they can do that.. That may be wrong to do. But I just ask the cards questions about the present and they help me to cope, and see underlying motive and the reality of situations.. They are very helpful and not at all demonic.. The Jews has prophets and urim and thermin, (spelling wrong), and other ways to contact Jehovah, so why should Christians be in the dark so much..? The Jews must have been into SPIRITISM< right?? I have a strong desire to see how Jehovah feels about things and the cards help me tap into that.

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

I can't find this thread in the beleifs and practices menu.... I have to go back through my web address 'history'.

Anybody know why this might be please ?

Bbinkss

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I always watch "Ghost Hunters" from USA and U.K....they film all the most haunted houses...and get lots of dust floating by or "Ghost Orbs" as they stupidly call them..and sometimes they rig a chair with fishing line to slide alittle across the floor....THE CHAIR ALWAYS SLIDES ACROSS THE DAMN FLOOR....why are ghosts so into chair sliding? Pick up the damn chair and throw it! Do something different! Fake rubbish..no evidence at all.

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

witness 007..... I am really talking about mediums not ghosts. I pretty much agree with you on that one! My husband and I watch 'Most Haunted' and we think its stupid that when the table is 'rocking' or something moves there is never a full shot where you can see the whole room etc...

I have seen a medium however who could give names, nicknames, pets names, funny stories about the neighbours etc... that just don't apply to everyone ( and he doesn't find the person to fit the reading! He finds the person he needs to speak to then gives the info!)

Bbinkss

• Sirona
    Sirona

I have done some work as a medium recently...

I've had some amazing confirmations and communications (they shock even me and I'm the one being a medium)

When you see the comfort it can provide to people and the positive difference in their lives - well it just isn't "evil".

Sirona

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Avoid Spiritism? Is it the work of demons?

There are spirits out there waiting to mess you up.

Unless there aren't.

Farkel

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

Well that cleared it up then Farkel!

Bbinkss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit