You Might be a JWD Addict if...

by White Dove 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

Didn't even realize it was down for days. Seriously.

But for those that were significantly affected because JWD was down a couple days, I'd suggest using it as an opportunity to find other things to do with your life. Balance is good. It is okay to move on to better things if at all possible.

It's Springtime in most places, so nicer weather should offer additional opportunities of things to do to help move forward and rely less on the JWD.

There is much value to be found here with others that have gone through what we all have gone through. I understand this.

But there is also even greater value, IMO, to use the leaving of Jehovah's Witnesses as an opportunity to begin new chapters with our lives, with new goals, new activities, new people etc.

I am not trying to hurt any feelings are step on toes. I am in your shoes too. Am currently shunned, labeled, lost step son/grand kid and many others for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

But have found the extra effort to walk away from too much JW this and that, and to get on with living an adventurous life, with many new activities and new people to be rewarding and satisfying too.

There are many things to do and much to look forward to without the JW's. I hope everybody finds life outside of the JW's to be a BETTER LIFE OVERALL, as many today already have, myself included.

Spending too much time in front of a computer screen, communicating with people we will likely never meet or get to really know; talking about JW's for so much of our time, day in and day out, for myself and many, may not be that better life overall.

There is value in realizing we are not alone in our mistreatment by WT World and in reading stories almost identical to our own from people here on the JWD. But too much involvement in reading and discussing unfair, unjust treatment and similar things by others in our shoes, again and again, can lead to bitterness, negativity, resentment, pessimism, hate and more from all that I have seen and experienced.

Can possibly cause us to miss out on other positive, healthy and happy endeavors/activities/relationships. To lose sleep at times thinking about all the injustices againh and again because of JW beliefs and policies... and can even have a neg effect on our personalities overall.

I would just like to suggest really trying to find a good balance in the big picture overall. There are so many things out there to do and so many people out there to meet. The JW religion has taken many things away from most all of us as it is.

But with a little effort and resiliency, IMHO, we can all move on to even better things.

Just my sincere 2 cents.

All the Best,

Vinny

• mouthy
    mouthy

Just my sincere 2 cents.

All the Best,

Vinny

That is good advice Vinny but at my age... there isnt anything left but JWD!!!!! LOL....But all you younguns SHOULD leave the WT behind & make other friends. I have an ex Circuit overseer & his wife as friend. They dont want to even mention the Borg.... My daughter that is out ( gusgus) refuses to listen to any thing about JWS.... She says" Mum who cares about them leave them do as they want.... I am going on with my life have many new friends- in my Presbyterian Church, Goes to shows,fairs, cruises,has fun.... The WT isnt going to stop my life """"

She is right I think !!!! But it is my life!!!! trying to find those on the WT road....

snakes you said

I had plenty of other things to keep me occupied this weekend...work...school....sick....????Are you feeling any better ????

• ninja
    ninja

robbbbbbbbbity......happity anniversity.....ninjity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit