I have an indoor swimming pool . . .

by JK666 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

. . . unfortunately it is my basement! I am in the process of sucking out the water right now, after a night of hellacious storms here in Indiana. Well, it could be worse, it could still be raining. Back to the pumps . . .

Oh grey water, keep on rolling,

Mississippi moon, just keep on shinin' on me.

JK

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

How many inches on the floor? How wide of an area? Total basement?

Have you already lifted everything up off the floor?

h4o

• JK666
    JK666

H4O,

What is wet is wet. I have about 6" on the floor, and that is where I normally separate my laundry, so it is all soaked. Yuck! I don't even want to think about it yet. But it could be worse, I wasn't here last weekend, and it could have happened then.

One of these days, I will share about the cluster f that caused my basement problem. It involves an elder and shoddy workmanship, need I say more . . .

JK

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Ugh! Been there. Done that. Hated that ride!

Ours happened on our honeymoon! I immediately knew that my husband could work under pressure without yelling at me or cussing things out! I had been used to my dad's way of doing things! This was, as crazy as it sounds, a bright spot and tell tale sign of how things would go...and get handled! It caused us to cancel our trip to Disney world. Bummer. We were young (21 and 23), had free tickets to the park, just needed money to drive and stay. We decided to head north for the weekend to Mackinaw Island in Michigan. And wouldn't you know it...our car broke down 15 miles from home. We waited all day for it to get fixed and then got the H.E.double hockey sticks out of there before something else went wrong!!! LOL!

I hope it all dries up for you pretty fast! What a pain! I hope it didn't ruin your furnace or anything! Hopefully insurance will cover anything that got ruined!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wish I could come and help you, once you get the water sucked up set up as many house fans as you can to prevent

any mold starting...keeping the air flow movement going is key.

Good luck Jk

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

ahhh.Springtime in Michiana!

So ... some doofus Brother put some drain tile in that wont hunt?

Gutters and downspouts that did not make the winter usually caused most of my problems... got to divert that water away from the block wall.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

hill,

I have an air lock in the sump I just bought, hooray! Life sucks, even though the water doesn't. My problem lies with hooking up to the city sewer from a septic system. Boy Wonder elder thought he knew how to hook it up, and created a lift station for the basement. It was way too small in diameter, and only with a sump, not an effluent pump. A total cluster f. So when the pump checks out, on a semi-regular basis, I get a dose of stinky reality about the "loving brotherhood."

Enough for now, back to my pool . . .

JK

• JK666
    JK666

H4O,

Total basement, about 30 by sixty feet, a real mess. Fortunately, I have most stuff elevated, due to past problems. I want to just leave this house!

JK

• restrangled
    restrangled

JK666, sorry for your situation. Have you contacted your home owners insurance or do they not cover....backups/pump failure?

We had our septic system backup into the house and yard many years ago.....I thought I was going to go insane between the germs and mess. Our bathtubs and sinks and toilets were about to overload on to the floors.... finally found the outdoor drain release valve and it covered the front side walk and about 10 feet out into the yard 4 inches deep, with everything imaginable out of a septic system.

I really feel bad for you.

r.

• ninja
    ninja

wow...sorry to hear that mate...hope things improve for you....and I thought I had it bad when my guinea pig peed on the floor........(wish I hadn't flushed it down the toilet pan now...poor wee thing)..................kidding....ninja...guinea pig assassin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit