Deal to Return Sect Children to Parents Collapses

by jamiebowers 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jamiebowers
  • kwr
    kwr

The parents don't have to sign any deal to get their children back. The seizure was illegal and the children should be returned ASAP.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

It was just a temporary delay, the judge was being a prick, I guess:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/02/texas.polygamists/index.html

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think returning the kids was a legal no brainer.

If there had been actual evidence of rape, pregnancy, broken bones and abuse, then there would be charges and convictions during this past 2 months - instead, the originating judge has ordered all the kids returned to their parents.

Now - let's wait and see how far they go in charging everyone involved with the raid from the hoax phone caller, to the people that the sherriff had planted inside that compound. I also suspect that we may find out that the women who were pregnant may have been linked directly back to Warren Jeffs, who is already in prison. Those charges will no doubt be investigated and more charges against him applied.

In the interim, you have a lot of kids with some trauma issues - and a lot of parents. Those lawsuits should be filing in pretty fast and furious and who doubts they will win? sammieswife.

• bob1999
    bob1999

I don't understand how the court that heard the 38 mothers of 150 children can rule on the other 250 children.

Normally a court can only rule on what is before it.

• ramon
    ramon

The Appellate court gave her the authority to, in relation to all the kids, set conditions that would have to be meet prior to the kids being returned. She prudently says they must as a condition sign agreement first to allow visits from family/child service investigators.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This case is obscene. This is like my neighbor getting arrested for being a pedophile and them taking the kids away from everyone on the block. I hope these guys bankrupt the entire state of TX over this.

• BFD
    BFD

Warlock called this weeks ago.

What a mess!

BFD

• dinah
    dinah

In the interim, you have a lot of kids with some trauma issues - and a lot of parents. Those lawsuits should be filing in pretty fast and furious and who doubts they will win? sammieswife.

I'm surprised the WT doesn't jump on the cult's side--religious rights and all.

The person who called in a complaint was found to be in another state. If the authorities would have spent a little more time investigating before jumping in, it might not be such a mess. I still wonder if there really were pregnant 14 year olds.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I'm surprised the WT doesn't jump on the cult's side--religious rights and all.

The person who called in a complaint was found to be in another state. If the authorities would have spent a little more time investigating before jumping in, it might not be such a mess. I still wonder if there really were pregnant 14 year olds.

You should remember that pretty well all the 'evidence' of those pregnancies was 'alleged' by the CPS leaking information out to the public. My understanding is that they were able to confirm that 5 girls had pregnancies at about 16 years of age and one of those girls is being held still. My thought is that she might be the one that Warren Jeffs was shown as 'married' to in the pictures and quite young. What you also should recall is that while those workers claim that the girls were about 16 when they had babies, they aren't telling you what year the babies were born in nor the age of the fathers. Some of the fathers in fact were found to be the same ages of the young women. Also bear in mind that if a girl was legally married and pregnant a few years ago - it didn't necessarily violate Texas law since Texas didn't bother changing the age until 2005. This means a girl of 20 today, who may have been legally married at 16, most certainly could have had a child or 2 by the age of 20. So you see, we never hear the whole story.

I think almost every person here who has been a JW who honestly believed that the Elders were special, Godly - that a ministerial servant was to be worshipped as 'on their way' - I think they should all sit back and think about how many of them then, or their families today, would have been honored to have their daughter at age 16 married to an Elder. There are families that felt relief when their kids were able to find other kids to marry inside the cult because that was/is keeping things clean. JW's are encouraged to marry within the faith only and since education is not a lofty goal, marriage between 2 JW youngsters isn't really frowned upon - better that than a worldly person. I think that most likely every single cult has probably contributed in resources behind the scenes - they would have a lot to lose if the courts had won their case.

I wish there had been some proof - something to grab hold of - but it seems there wasn't and in moving so quickly, so rashly and forcibly, the chance to tear down a cult may have come and gone for good - in doing so, it may have destroyed the chances for exposure for every other cult that operates with secrecy, for a long while. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit