Estimation for people who have lived since Adam

by James Mixon 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

69-110 billion, 90% of the people who've ever lived are dead. That's a lot of folks to be resurrected. Take away we who are Apostates (a million or two) that still leave 67-110 billion.

Raining down manna from heaven will not cut the mustard for 100 billion people, there is not much you can do with manna, manna bread, manna tacos, manna soup and manna sweet cakes.

There is not enough resources to to house and feed 100 billion people, 7-8 billion today.

I'am not a economist or mathematician but the resurrection will create a whole set of new problems for mankind.

It becomes a bigger problem when you figure in those folks the lived before Adam that the Bible forgot to mention.

• galaxie
    galaxie

The new world will bring a new set of circumstances and rules, jehovah does have the power and ability to increase the size of the planet.

Don't you realise he will have already made plans for the increase. 

Oh ye of little faith!!

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    Funny thing is the Reasoning Book, published in the 80's or 90's said that it was 20 billion...which was perhaps true back then but as you say now it is very high and will just get higher and higher...more folks on the earth than ever before thus the death rate is high as well...
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

galaxie:I think my faith is the size of a mustard seed. LOL

notsurewheretogo: They missed the mark on that one, 20 billion.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Those numbers seem really high. When one traces back population numbers they fall way off before the 20th century. 
  • Simon
    Simon

I thought those numbers seem high too, probably because the current population is a real late spike - just going back to Roman times puts the world population in the low hundreds of millions. But the range is what lots of sites seem to agree on:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/fire-in-the-mind/2013/08/11/how-many-people-ever-lived/

http://www.prb.org/Publications/Articles/2002/HowManyPeopleHaveEverLivedonEarth.aspx

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

crazyguy, It seemed to me also it was a high number but most sources agree, 68-110 billion.

If these figures are correct and if by chance the borg is right, (1 out of trillion) this is my theory..

Those who will be resurrected will be greeted by the GB. The GB will inform them that they own their second chance in life to them (GB) and Jehovah. The resurrected ones will be so grateful they will do anything the GB will tell them.

So those new homes that are still standing after God set ablaze everyone except JW's, that's how they will rebuild. They will have slaves, millions of slaves for each JW. That's why the resurrected one will not be able to marry and have kids.

They will be working their asses off for the GB.

Yes the GB will be sitting on their throne with billions of people kissing their rear.

• prologos
    prologos

and do not underestimate satan's power to garner the nations at  the "four corners of the --again-- flat earth", only a remnant will remain, to peruse those empty wt paradise landscapes. 

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

61 billion plus could be reasonable in the amount of people that would have lived since the biblical Adam.  Keep in mind this includes all the children that died in birth or shortly afterwards.  We live in a world, I would presume most of the posters are from developed countries, where the infant mortality rates are low.  In fact they are even drastically lower than just 50 years ago worldwide.  Since the Industrial revolution the world population has skyrocketed with cheap energy and the main reason -- abundance of food.  However it was quite common less than a century ago for a family to have several deaths before the age of 5.  Even the super rich were not immune.  Look no further than the most powerful man in our country in the mid 18th century.  Abraham Lincoln's children: Tad died age 18 Tuberculosis, William age 11 Typhoid Fever, and Eddie age 3

It is more than conceivable that all the deaths of humans including the very young could be 60 billion+.  Now if you want to include all modern humans in the last 80,000 years vs 7,000 years, well I think God will need a few more planets.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Those numbers are just way to high, were at like 7 billion early 20th century less then 2 billion before that numbers go way down. Just look at the population of cities way back like Babylon and Rome around the 1st century AD. Then look at the numbers of men in armies that faught famous battles. Alexander 40K man army, Perisans at that time around 250K and that was huge. Egypt against the Hittites 50K- against about 100K. The only areas of the world that looked like they had any major populations were in China.

Then you had the plaques that hit Asia and Europe and killed huge populations, the rebuilding of these peoples took centuries. I'm thinking more around 20-30 billion tops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit