DA or not DA or continue slipping away ?

by alliwannadoislive 29 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

for weeks now, i've been trying to put together a disassociation letter - incidently, it's you lot that have put me up to this - and it's nearing completion but i'm feeling nervous about sending it

the fast approaching christmas celebration thingymajig is kinda egging me on as i want to blaze christmas lights everywhere and not feel nervous about the possibility of a visit from the PO who drops the mags in to me fortnightly (i'm generally 'not in' ... ahem ...)

i would appreciate your for's and against's - to either convince me to go ahead, or to think again and stay the execution ...

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

slip sliding away.......

closer

• metatron
    metatron

Slip away!!!!

Avoid trouble, if possible. Being df'd is inconvenient and limits
    your opportunities for subversion - which can be important,
    if you're really pissed at the WTS.

metatron

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

do it..we have enough slackers in the org already

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You owe the bastards nothing!Give them nothing in writing or they will use it against you to ruin your life!If they come to the door,tell them to go away and not to bother you again.Then just close the door.I just left,no explanation,they don`t deserve one...OUTLAW

• Makena1
    Makena1

Alliwanna - what year(s) were you baptized? It may have some bearing on your decision. If baptized BEFORE the new vows in 1985, you may be better off just slipping away quietly.

My wife and I were baptized 1967 and 1971, and decided not to formally disassociate ourselves.

Makena

• mikepence
    mikepence

This is a highly individual decision, based on your circumstances.

For me, disassociating was like taking a massive dump after being spiritually constipated my whole life.

Ahhhhh.....

XJW User Submitted News & Views at http://xjwnews.com

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Slip away many, I'm doing the same thing, and it's not too bad. Just keep it up until they really piss you off. Then DA yourself when there's no other alternative.

ashi

• ISP
    ISP

You may have no choice! They may DA you anyway...so you might want to make a pre-emptive strike!

Alternative is to move and sack it! Thats what a few have done.

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Makena1,why would it matter if you took vows with this lying whore organization!Their word isnt worth a dam and any information you give them will be used against you!Its best just to slip away!..HAVE A GOOD DAY MAK!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit