Apply PHILOSOPHY to the argument of the TRINITY

by Terry 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry
    "Packets" is a conceptual metaphor.

So is the creedal Trinity.

The Church Fathers who invented (out of pure imagination combined with Primacy of consciousness) would argue they were describing the reality of God!

Where did the stimulus come from to create such an unwieldy description? Accumulations of pagan and Jewish debate points attacking the Christian premise of God being different from historic understanding.

Christianity was really Judaism! Until it wasn't!

Between Judaism WITH a real Messiah............................and..................................Christianity...you have a RE-THINK!

I once saw a cartoon in a business magazine with a group of brainstorming executive around a long conference table. On the table was a monstrous creature with feathers, stripes, horns, scales and several eyes. The caption read A COMMITTEE DESIGNS A TURKEY

Too many minds with too many special pleadings overlaid created the monster of the Trinity!

How do we know this is a monstrous idea? EVERBODY DISAGREED with everybody else's description. Each plea contained a CONTRADICTION of some point of scripture!

Contradiction is the RED FLAG, remember? It tells you that a lie has been told.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Without Conciousness,

Existence would be meaningless,

mute, and

sterile.

It would be a gallery of nudes

without observers.

Existence derived from Consciousness,

and,

I think,

the unconscious Existence strives towards

Consciousness.

BTS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Without Conciousness,
    Existence would be meaningless,

Defending abortion?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

No, why do you ask?

BTS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

The very same argument is being used quite a lot in defence of abortion. I don't see what makes a non-conscious life meaningless.

• Terry
    Terry
    Was Picasso a good artist?

Picasso came along at a time in which the old classicism was being torn out by the roots and reshaped into a Brave New World.

Picasso embodied the movement and developed a reputation as the leader in the field. Up to a certain point (choose when) he was "seeing things differently" in his work. After that point, I personally think he became a celebrity whore and would squat and shit on a canvas (metaphorically speaking) for the money.

I don't see what others see in his work. But, I don't have to.

Artists are people with a unique point of view. Art--real art--stops you dead and makes you experience "change" willingly or unwillingly.

Art can infuriate or inform.

As is true with most things manmade, most art is crap.

Only a margin of Picasso's output is worthy. My opinion.

(Art is artifice. Fine Art is FINished art; there is no necessity for it to have utility.)

Art is an interesting subject to discuss. But, far afield from the TOPIC HEADING, eh?

• Terry
    Terry
    You don't understand the Trinity. The Trinity exists in eternity, where there is no before or after. The Son existed in human form when it came into the world and thus had two natures.

1. Nobody "understands" the Trinity! You have to switch into an "Okay, okay-I'll just accept and believe it if you say so" mode.

2.There isn't anything about the Trinity which CAN be understood.

3.How can you profess to know about the Trinity? What is your referent?

4. Two natures? Both equal? Come on! They contradict each other. Null set.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit