Extracting the positives out of the negatives.

by golf2 2 Replies latest jw friends

• golf2
    golf2

Life is not without problems. I'm not a perfect creature and believe me, I have many enemies. The following is my two cents about life, extracting the positives out of our personal negative experiences in life will serve as a CUSHION through hardships.

I'm a great grand-father, (big deal) for the past week I observed my grand-son living again with his mother, hmmmmm, it was a a sign to me that he was having problems in his relationship. One morning, I made the comment to my grand-son, your getting a taste of what married life is all about, aren't you, he just chuckled. I left it at that. This is an experience that HE must experience. At his tender age, what I would suggest ( if asked) would not sink in. For those who are more experienced, my suggestion would be, learn from your experience. Once you learn from your experiences, you in essence are extracting the positives out of a negative experience. We blind ourselves when we ONLY think of the negatives in life. Whenever we encounter the negatives, think of a car battery, it has a negative and a positive post. how else would your car start and run?

In short, whenever we EXTRACT the positives out of our negative experiences in life, we have a cushion to fall back on.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So your saying, keep it on the good foot.

• Gopher
    Gopher

From what I've seen and experienced, failure can be a big part of later success -- if you learn from it. Then we appreciate the success when it comes after a bit of a bumpy road, rather than having success handed to us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit