Reasonable People

by Honesty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

In your personal opinion is the average JW a reasonable person?

• Sirona
    Sirona

No

Neither was I when I was JW

Sirona

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

dito Sirona

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've found them to be unidimensional in their thinking. Even when debating something non religious with them, they seem incapable of recognizing that a perspective other than their own can even exist, let alone getting one to examine a different perspective.

W

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I agree with Sirona.

Strip them of their WT goggles and maybe there might be someone in there reasonable, but after years of not thinking for themself, they

probably don't know what to think.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Are you kidding....Lol Only if you love total frustration.....there pretty hard to find....in the religious department, aside from that normal day to

day and down to earth conversations are ok, unless of course it gets directed back to look at "how bad things are" or "Isn't wonderful how things will soon change".

Now that I think about it I change my answer.....NO!

h40

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It's ironic that one of the foremost qualifications of an elder is that he be reasonable.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blah BlahBlah Blah..Join our religion or die!!..All Praise....................We have the worlds smartest janitors!..Sweeping..........................Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In Circles........................We believe whatever the Watchtower tells us..Until the Watchtower tell`s us we,don`t believe that any more..Crazy EyesCrazy Eyes.......................Jehovah`s Witness`s are the happiest people on earth!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

Religiously: NO, how can anyone in a free society join a totalitarian movement and be considered wholly reasonable.

But within the other frames of their lives yes.

• White Dove
    White Dove

NO!!! Ever have one for a boss? Ugh. Even in their everyday lives, they are unreasonable. They have to ask the elders about the most mundane and personal things. They must pray and get Jehovah's mind on whether they should relocate for that job they want that will improve their financial situation. They turn down jobs for meetins and service. They would rather die and let a loved one die before taking into their body a symbol, only a symbol. Nothing about any of that is normal or reasonable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit