More thought control / conditioning in the KM

by logic&reason 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I was bored last night during the meeting, so I decided to read the question box in the KM.

It was about when you should and should not applaud at the meetings. Apparently someone wrote in to see if it was appropriate to applaud after each TMS or SM part. Geez these people need to get a grip.

Anyway, the GB has been so gracious as to outline when it is ok to clap, and when we should just sit like mindless drones while the spreaker(s) leaves the stage.

Coming next month:

"How often should we blink our eyes during the meetings?"

Also, side note: Did anyone else notice that the Bahamas and The Turks & Caicos were included in the Serivce report? Since when did they start doing that?

Maybe they had to shut down the branches in those areas and now they will get their KM's from the US branch? Does anyone know for sure?

• james_woods
    james_woods

You made me realize something - while it has been a long, long, time since I have been to any conventional church, I cannot think of any of them that promote applauding the sermon.

It does seem kind of vaguely "un-religions", in a way - when you think about it, right?

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Honestly, I think it's all Bull Shit.

• james_woods
    james_woods

No doubt. Just as stupid as those super-phony "resolutions" that everybody is made to subscribe to loudly at some of the assemblies.

Like as if anybody had used one single synapse of their brains to decide yes or no on the stupid things.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I remember when they said we were not allowed to chew GUM either because the "speakers didnt want to look out at a bunch of cows chewing their cuds and its disrespectful to the speaker"

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

All of it has the same result, it denies the individual their right to think or decide for themselves.

• Don't chew gum, because we say so...
    • Don't Applaud unless we say it's ok...
    • Don't grow a beard because we say so...
    • Vocalize your agreement with our resolutions, not that it makes a difference, but because we want you to think it is your idea...
    • Make sure you comment at the meetings, not with your own research and conclusions, but with the pre-printed answers we have provided for you...
    • Don't question anything we say...
    • Don't try to figure things out on your own... in fact, don't even think about checking behind us...

On and on it goes.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

did it say how many bowel movements allowed in a day?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I really wish I could be writing those articles. Here's one I may submit.

Questions from Readers: When shaking my "brothers" hand at the kingdom hall, sometimes I worry that my handshake is inappropriate in its duration and strength. Can you plese tell us exactly how strong and lenghty our handshakes should be.

Like many things, it depends on the situation. If you are an elder then a strong handshake can remind the others of your power. Controlling the lenght of the handshake is also a good way of reminding them where gods channel of communication is coming from. Other lowly brothers would consider their position and not worry about the specifics of the handshake. We never go wrong by submitting to the more experienced brother. Extra submission can be shown by avoiding direct eye contact. One thing thing is very clear from bible principles is that the handhake should not be overly long so as to take away precious time from our life saving work.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

How about this one:

Questions from Readers: When reaching out in the congregation, how much ass-kissing should I do?

While some good spirited ass-kissing is appropriate for all brothers in the congregation, much depends on the overall mood of each specific elder body. E lders are referred to in the Bible as "gifts in men." (Ephesians 4:8) When you think of a gift, you think of something given to fill a need or to bring happiness to the one receiving it. Why not go the extra mile and kiss ass all the time... it will certainly go a long way in proving how ready you are for additional priviledges.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Ha! I don't know if they're ready to print that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit