KNOCKING was selected for "Community Classroom"

by kwr 4 Replies latest jw friends

• kwr
    kwr

If your child is in middle or high school, please contact his teacher or school administrator to request that his school participate in the "Community Classroom" program sponsored by PBS and the Independent Television Service.

KNOCKING was selected for "Community Classroom" and will be offered to public schools across the United States for free.

The story lines in KNOCKING have been developed into a curriculum with supporting video modules from the film. Educational content was created with guidance from the National Council for the Social Studies, the National Association for Multicultural Education and PBS Teachers. The content will use the story of Jehovah's Witnesses to educate students on civil liberties, religious tolerance, medical ethics and standing for what you believe.

For more information about how your child's school can participate, please visit this link: http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/classroom/knocking.html

To request a free copy of the video modules and educational materials, contact [email protected] (Be sure to mention KNOCKING in your correspondence)

You may want to bring this to your teacher's attention now, in the final weeks of the school year, and remind him again in the fall.

FYI: The free DVD only has short segments from the film, each under 10 minutes long, that correspond with the educational curriculum to facilitate classroom discussion.

To order the film in its entirety, go to www.knocking.org KNOCKING is also available in Spanish at www.llamando.org

Please forward this information.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

OMG! Is the WTB&TS trying to soften up "worldly" kids, so they'll be ripe for the picking when a jw molester comes to their doors? This is absolutely sickening! I will make sure that if this garbage is offered in my school system, that Barbara Anderson's court records are also available for review. Better yet, I'm going to try to keep "Knocking" out of my school system entirely. Hopefully, everyone else on this board will do the same.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

How can this video possibly be considered "educational"? The whole point of it is candy coat Jehovah's Witnesses. It has no business in public schools. Why not teach kids about mortgages and interest rates and to properly use credit.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose
    The content will use the story of Jehovah's Witnesses to educate students on civil liberties, religious tolerance, medical ethics and standing for what you believe.

Seems a bit ironic, dontcha think?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Religious tolerance = acceptance of dissenters

So why am I (and countless others) being shunned?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit