Watchtower =Kingdom Hall only building to survive Tsunami!! -Cheesy alert!

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This article has more cheesy hammy moments then a Domino's Pizza. WARNING MEGA CHEESY ALERT!!

Watch. May 1 2008 p.13 'SOLOMON ISLANDS TSUNAMI "April 2 2007 .......Water surged through our home destroying our possesions. When the sea subsided, we SALVAGED BIBLES AND SONGBOOKS from our damaged house...{forget food, water, medicine, salvage some soggy un-useable books instead, are they for real!!}.....that night 22 persons gathered to observe the Memorial...happily none of this number had been seriuosly injured...Brother Shaw gave the talk by flashlight. In the dark we sang songs of thanks to Jehovah...The earthquake had destroyed most of their homes....however their main concern was to replace their FAMILY BIBLES, which were lost in the disaster..{Oh GOD gimme a break Cheeesey} ....Indeed, victims of natural disasters need more then just material relief. They need the comfort only God's word can provide." {Food medicine water and shelter are high on my list}

{Picture of a hut Kingdom Hall} {Quote} "This Kingdom Hall was the only building left standing at Lale on Ranongga Island"

{Ohhh Ahhhh Jehovah power! Too bad about all the worldly scum that died}

Can anyone scan the Kingdom Hall picture???

• Gill
    Gill

Time and unforseen circumstances occur (and even avoid occuring) to us all!

By coincidence, the JWs did rather well in the Tsunami BUT, this can be used to draw some into dangerous situations. Some may begin to view this in a superstitious way and when disasters actually threaten KHs as well as other buildings may be drawn, superstitiously to the Kingdom Hall.

The WT is setting an unfortunate trap for some of its 'not so bright' followers who will begin to see KH's as 'safe' places of refuge when they are no different to anywhere else. I have a vague recollection of sometime possibly in the 60's or 70's when JWs were killed when their KH's were distroyed in disasters and they had hurried to them for refuge.

This article is not only cheesy but very dangerous.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

and yet the avg JW just eats this stuff up

• Lady Zombie
  • LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Can I have a little WHINE with that cheese please??

It couldnt be that MAYBE the Kingdom Hall was built with CBS in a neighborhood of mostly grass huts could it??

geeeez louise....and dont forget THOUSANDS of JWs were persecuted in the death camps in Nazi Germany!

(uh...no...there were maybe a couple hundred at MOST kids but THOUSANDS sounds so much more spectacular and moving doesnt it?)

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

They need sensational stories to like this to keep them convinced that they are special.

Several yeas ago (at a circuit assembly) the speaker was reading experiences, and he started talking about a "worldly" contractor that was hired to do some brick work on one of the buildings in Brooklyn. Apparently the contractor was doing substandard work, so the day before the job was finished, the wall collapsed and they had to rebuild it again (the second time they did it the right way). This was obviously the work of Holy Spirit making sure that the construction on WTS real estate is top notch.

The hand of God can swoop down to intervene with shoddy construction, but not to help starving children or ease human suffering.

• White Dove
    White Dove

What does cheesy mean outside of that fact that it describes a delicious pizza? I also think of the powder for macaroni and cheese.

• bbinkss
    bbinkss

Just recently my bestfriend proudly informed me that no KH's were badly damaged in the earthquakes in China and that all witnesses survived! Of course they also saved worldly people by inviting them in! I bet there were a few converts too! Bbinkss

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah! Jehovah loosened the cement and down came the wall!

Worse on FoxNews webpage TODAY, two New Zealand pilots, thier plane ran out of Petrol and as they say, they are Christians and began to pray....low and behold an un-known runway appeared and they land next to a bill board saying: "Jesus is Lord -the bible."

Hmmmm sounds too good to be true...Jesus landed them next to the bill board???.......I can't believe Foxnews ran with this story today!!

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

All of those non-existent kingdom halls in communist china.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit