KEEP this secret.....don't tell anybody

by journey-on 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thanks, Winnower. All that made perfect sense. This is probably why Jesus didn't write anything down himself. He knew

someone would take his words and twist them like a pretzel and his message would be totally lost or confounded.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Jesus wanted people to come to hear his message, not come for the healing and other miracles. He healed out of love for the individuals.

Also read Mark 1:45. Jesus could no longer enter a city. The popularity was hampering.

Instead he went out and began to talk freely, spreading the news. As a result, Jesus could no longer enter a town openly but stayed outside in lonely places. Yet the people still came to him from everywhere.

BTS

• journey-on
    journey-on

Sounds like an ancient kind of papprazzi, doesn't it? Everywhere you go, there's somebody with a loud voice asking

you questions about how you did this miracle or that miracle......... do you consider yourself a "this" or a "that"......are you

seeing someone or are you celibate?.......there are rumors about you doing so-and-so...are they true? Where will you be

in concert going next?

• Chap
    Chap

winnower wrote:

"The problem was that when word got out that he could do this, the crowds began to want a sideshow. They didn't want to hear his teachings, they wanted a circus performance!

An example of this was when he became angry at the crowd for demanding that he heal them and Jesus said "heal yourselves!" and walked away."

I agree in principle with your thinking that Jesus was more focused on teaching the people. If I remember correctly, the closest he came to turning someone away who needed physical healing was the Canaanite who asked him to remove a demon from her daughter. Can you tell the reference where Jesus got mad and told the people to heal themselves? I do not remember reading or hearing about that before. Is it possible you were thinking about the Luke passage where Jesus was talking to the people from his hometown before he did any miracles?

Luke 4:23 (KJV)
    And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite
    This is probably why Jesus didn't write anything down himself. He knew

someone would take his words and twist them like a pretzel and his message would be totally lost or confounded.

So then he just let OTHER people who HEARD what he said write it down instead, so it wouldn't get twisted that way?

• watson
    watson

Shhhhh....don't make a big deal about it. Yes, I am the answer to all of mankind's problems, but don't make a big show of it. You see, 2,000 years from now....god this is just a pile of horse sh*t.

• jwblog
    jwblog

I need a Biblical answer to something. When Jesus performed his healing miracles, why did he tell the person

to go and say nothing about it to anybody? If he had come to show himself as the messiah, why would he perform

the miracles, then tell them to keep quiet about it? Thanks for any reasonable answers.

The healing and the miracles went out to those that they were intended for. Recall that Jesus did nothing of His own accord but according to the Will of the Father. Timing is everything when it comes to having the Words of The Almighty fulfilled, so in wisdom, the Father knew when it was appropriate to be open about the miracles and also when to be discreet. Jesus Christ recieved glorification when timing was appropriate as well.

the faithful slave

• jwblog
    jwblog
    Shhhhh....don't make a big deal about it. Yes, I am the answer to all of mankind's problems, but don't make a big show of it. You see, 2,000 years from now....god this is just a pile of horse sh*t.

Even the piles you talk about were originated by design. Apparantly you have not been keeping tabs on all of the prophecies being fulfilled according to what was written in the bible. Thousands of years ago words went forth foretelling wars, earthquakes, food shortages, famines, pestilence, and even the way people would be acting in the last days.

So if man evolved from ape where did frogs evolve from?. How about a bird, what species did they evolve from or evolve into? Perhaps the planes in the sky evolved from the bones left from prehistoric creatures. So how about you provide the many answers to the origin of human life and then "maybe" people will take the time to put weight upon your words that mean nothing,

the faithful slave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit