For all those Football lovers-Euro 2008 on its way

by justhuman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

I know in this forum we have some Football lovers. So are you guys getting ready for the Euro 2008? Fill up the fridge with beers, send the wife way for a few weeks, call your friends to watch the match...

This is what I call a Mans-World...

As for our National Team the Champions for 2004 we hope the best for them. But whatever will hapened we will be there in Austria and Rock the Stadiums like the way Greeks do. Besides Football is only a game, the most exiting game in the World, and no other sport can give the thrill of a Football match. So I'm wishing to good luck to everyone, and may the best Team win...

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

even tho i think the most exciting sport in the world is mixed martial arts I agree with you soccer is much more ....ahhhmmm...."beautiful"?

anyways..YES..looking forward to Italy vs France......viva ITalia!

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

The knockout stage is different from that of past tournaments. Teams in groups A and B will be separated from teams in groups C and D until the final. This means that the final cannot be between any two teams from the same group, or even between any two teams from the same half of the tournament. The likely motive for this change is that, in previous European Championships, the final match has been a repeat of a group fixture. However, this alteration greatly increases the chance of two teams playing each other twice in the competition; they would simply play again in a semi-final tie rather than in the final. There is a strong argument that this prevents the final match from being played between the best two football teams.[who?] There has also been a soft outcry by betting agents, as the chances of predicting the two teams to make it to the final is mathematically much easier than in recent years.[

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well i have no interest in it this time around. Disgusted England never made it. I will not be watching the game against the USA tomorrow night either.

I wonder how many Americans realise the USA is playing England tomorrow?....Football! not Soccer!, Well said jh

Paul

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Gia sou justhuman! Ti kanis?

Your Greek Cypriot (UK style) brother is with you all the way.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Since my team didn't qualify either I'm gonna support Poland.

A safe option considering I'm currently working with loads of Poles!!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yep, just off to watch the replay of Belarus v. Germany. Always something unexpected at the Euro finals. Like Greece !!!:0

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I wonder how many Americans realise the USA is playing England tomorrow?

I watch ESPN fairly regularly, and this is the first I've heard of it

• whereami
    whereami

How do you think CR7 will do?

• justhuman
    justhuman

The official name of UEFA and FIFA ends with FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION...plus for the rest of the world(Europeans, Latin America, Africa, Asia) it is known as Football.

Anyway it was sad to see England out of the finals, and specially Steven Gerrard Liverpool's Cpt not playing. For sure any guess who will be the Champion for Euro 2008 it will be just a guess. I mean the Hellenic Team was the last one on the betttings and finish first. This is the magic of Football

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit