Adventures at the DC

by metaspy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Thank you for posting the program.
    I should have done that!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Well, if we're going to make allowances for the imperfect men, let's give the Pope a break too! I always say...

Amen.!!! what good for the goose is also good for the ________!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I'm really tired of the "perfect org, imperfect men" excuse. This makes no sense whatsoever. There is no organization apart from the people, none. If everyone from elders on upward were to suddenly disappear tomorrow, there is no magical "perfect organization" to run the show. You would have nothing left--no rocks crying out either, though I would be the first person to obey the rocks if they really did start talking.

SirNose, I'm tired of it too. If they are guided by holy spirit then there wouldn't be any mistakes right? Wouldn't the holy spirit ensure that at least the men taking the lead got it right?

• White Dove
    White Dove

The CEO and other imperfect leaders of ENRON still had to go to prison for what they did. They were legally held accountable for others' actions because they were the leaders.

• metaspy
    metaspy

white dove, I like your illustration.
    I think I might use that the next time...

• juni
    juni

Why does my ass and back hurt when I read the program?????

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    SirNose, I'm tired of it too. If they are guided by holy spirit then there wouldn't be any mistakes right? Wouldn't the holy spirit ensure that at least the men taking the lead got it right?

Exactly, shopaholic. It doesn't matter whether they want to call it "spirit-directed" or "spirit-guided," the definitions are interchangeable. Either you really are guided by the holy spirit and would thus be given the right information, or there is none at all, and they are making things up as they go along.

• dinah
    dinah
    Symposium: Young People Walk By Holy Spirit
    At School
    At Work
    In the Family
    In the Congregation
    During Social Activities
    When Alone

Let test my memory.

At school: it is your territory, don't follow the crowd and anytime the opportunity presents itself to be a spastic-----please do so.

At work: Why are your working? Summer vacation was made for Aux. pioneering.

In the Family: Go to all the meetings and don't argue about it. Get your butt in field service on Saturday morning. Sleep is for wimps.

In the Congregation: If your teenage witness friends mess up, you better hie thy butt to an elder and tell on them----pronto!

During Social Activities: Why do you have time for social activities----get your ass in field service!

When alone: Don't you be masturbating!!!!!

Is my memory still working?? Gawd, this stuff never leaves you!

• dinah
    dinah
    Public Talk: Reap Blessings Through Jehovah's Spirit Guided King

Let me guess? The governing body is now really officially Jesus Christ.

Next thing, they'll be telling the sheeple that Jesus was just a story that foreshadowed the GB.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    His response through the whole thing was "you can't blame Jehovah's organization for what imperfect men do".

This rote response is pure and simple sophistry. This is a case of the JWs holding other religionists to higher standards than themselves.

The Watchtower organization pleads with all other religionists; whether they be Catholic, Baptist, or Lutheran; to employ the "white glove test" upon their own religious organizations. If anything does not strictly adhere to Biblical or Christ-like principles; those individuals are admonished to take proactive action and stand up for what is right (i.e. vote with their feet).

But JWs on the other hand, are expected to gloss over, rationalize, excuse, and tap-dance around any troubling issues within their own organization. Critical thinking and honest appraisal toward religious organizations is for other people - not JWs. Their trainded responses are similar to the one above: usually filled with clichés, platitudes, and talking points.

Next time, ask a JW: "What if Jeremiah would have taken such an apologetic attitude toward the wrongs that were committed in Jehovah’s name?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit