Jesus Saves

by Farkel 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• belbab
    belbab

Well, I made it through the over-night without getting zapped, Praze Jeezus! (spell check disabled)

Close to a hundred people have viewed this post since my last message. I was expecting that I would have to do the Herculean task of shoveling a pile outta the JWD stables. Or give a lengthy discourse on the nefarious side effects of “meds”. Or wade through a long list of ancient texts from the Me-and–Jesus, Me-and-Jesus group. I thank you for your silence. JWD sure must be improving.

Logic and Reason,

You made my day You wrote:

If anyone makes an addition to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this scroll;

Sorry belbab... according to the NWT, you condemn yourself

Did I really make an addition and thus condemn myself? Aren’t we supposed to be his foot-step followers? I merely said that belbab is moved by winds of thought and circumstance and intends to support the oppressed. That is the same as those motivated to support the disaster victims of Myannmar and oppose the militants in power, or to support the earthquake victims. It is the same motivation as those who have filled four pages of posts for radioaktiv in his another lost boy post.

Who has added to the Revelation of Jesus Christ? Who has taken the symbolism of a purifying fire, and threatened their flocks with everlasting burning in torments to use as a threatening bludgeon to keep their flocks in subjection continuously feeding their coffers with riches. Oh, yes, Pasture Rustler, supposedly, put the fires out, and his successors replaced it with the mudda of all battles, where ninety-nine percent will have their eyes fall out and worms feeding on their bodies and they will dwell in eternal oblivion.

You quote the NWT, slanted by Freddie, the guy that wrote the bloody-red book, Revelation, the Grand Orgasmic Climax is in Hand. All of the Watchtower teachings have for sole purpose, the enfolding the oppressed into one collective, rob them of individual freedoms and creative abilities and uniform them into goose-stepping automats and send them out to harvest greater and greater number to bring all their resources under the control of a group of men who cloak themselves with ancient texts and sell empty promises.

The Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ is the book of The Was, the Is and theComing. It is all here, right now, right now. He has, is and will deliver the goodies for all mankind.

L&R, one minute after you posted your first post in this thread, you added the second:

...of course, I don't believe any of it anymore, so I think you'll be fine

Thank you. Your kind motives, no matter where they came from, have given me a boost.

belbab

• Terry
    Terry

My friend, Nelson. wee-gah wee-gahs.

I once knew a whole family of midgets who skull-wopped until sundown!

None of the above statements are supported by group social reinforcement, however. The ambient hyper-valuation of Jesus inflates the emotional content of his act of SAVING.

Meaning what?

It isn't so much that "SAVES" is what Jesus does as it is highly significant that every important emotional tie within society creates a climate of value-added to Jesus and whatever "act" he performs.

Kind of like Elvis. The crowds went insane just at the mention of his name.

Or, the Beatles at Shea Stadium-----the crowded PRE-APPROVED their very existence and did not BOTHER TO LISTEN (so busy screaming approval were they) to their concert performance!

Emotion is contagious as is social pre-approval.

• belbab
    belbab

Terry,

No one clapped their hands

When they nailed Jesus

To the tree.

Anyone that would have wanted to,

Had his nailed down too.

This an old hippie type annonymous poem from the sixties,

It may not be remembered verbatim, but the gist of it is there.

• belbab
    belbab

Addendum to last post:

I just remembered the last part of the poem,

Jeezus, Jeezus,

Now I know

What love is.

belbab

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

If we shadows have offended... think but this and all is mended...

Glad I could give your day a boost. It means I have filled my quota of "worthless non-believer" good deeds for the day.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think I just figured out what's wrong with the statement "Jesus Saves". It's a typo. It's supposed to say "Jesus Slaves".

• belbab
    belbab

You are right, Nosferatu

17 But he (Jesus) answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working. John 5:17

So Jesus slaves and saves , even on his day off.

belbab

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

God bless you Farkel. So I assume you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God. Let me show you what the Bible testifies.

John 5:39-40 [You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.]

Farkel, the Bible the Word of God testifies that Jesus saves. It is actually His words.

Luke 19-10 [For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.]

Clear enough Farkel? What part of God's words do you not understand? The problem is you wanna insist the opinion of men instead of looking at what the Bible testifies.

2 Peter 1:20-21 [Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.]

John 1:1-5 [In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.]

Farkel, unfortunately for you, you are in darkness who cannot understand what the Bible testifies. Jesus is the Word of God that became flesh.

John 1:14 [The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.]

Jesus gave us the Passover bread and wine, His body and blood so we can have eternal life. That's why Jesus saves, not physically, but spiritually, according to the Bible.

Luke 22:7-20 [Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover." "Where do you want us to prepare for it?" they asked. He replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' He will show you a large upper room, all furnished. Make preparations there." They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover. When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God." After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.]

John 6:48-56 [I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.]

Those who keep Jesus Passover will have eternal life just as He promised according to His words. Farkel, the more you verbally persecute God and His followers, you'll just find yourself fighting against God.

Acts 5:38-39 [Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."]

Farkel, keep them coming. I hope that someday you will see the light of God's truth according to His words. God bless you Farkel.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I guess my observation is:

If you want to know if Jesus saves, you must determine what you want saved from.

Salvation is provided to those who wish to find it.

2Co 7:10

For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

CL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit