New book: Keep Yourselves In God's Love: Chapter and appendix on blood

by truthseeker 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Interesting! Why don't ya rip the whole thing and toss it over in a pdf? I'd like to read it all.

I have better things to do...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Don't take blood, but take blood. What's crazy about that? LOL

• 10p
    10p

thanks for the scan, truthseeker

You know, every now and then I read something from the Watchtower org. And often its difficult to wrong them - their logic is usually quite tight, scriptural references too. In fact, I do think that JWs follow Paul's version of christianity rather closely. Pity Paul changed it so much from what Jesus started.

But this scan reminded me just how poor they really are. Its going to be easy to blow this one apart with my wife. All we have to do is look up 1 Cor 8:8. And they dont answer the question that LEAPS to the mind of the un-brainwashed. If blood is to be respected because the life is in it (the fleshly life, that is - JWs dont believe the 'soul' is a spiritual entity that leaves the body), then what is more important - the LIFE, or the blood that sustains life and is a SYMBOL of it? The actual thing, or the symbol - which is more important?

JW: "Because I respect LIFE, I am going to refuse LIFE-SAVING treatment."

Also, sure, every cell that makes up blood is required for life - but so is every cell that makes up the intestinal tract. Can we not eat tripe?

• yknot
    yknot

The dropping will happen........

Here is what I expect to see in my lifetime.

1. Gene Smalley dies, the blood issue is no longer written about or discussed....the distancing begins.

2. After a decade a BOE letter announcing that the WTS still disapproves but encourages repentance only...auto DA is gone.

3. The magic number has arrived! When the only JW living have all been baptized after June 1985 only then will it be fully stricken, never to be spoken of again....of course by this time no one will have heard of the blood ban in several decades.

Result.....Coffers safe from lawsuit and blood on it's hands. The WTS own Akeldama

• Jourles
    Jourles

The single most important reasoning you can point out to a jw is regarding these passages:

"...Out of respect for God's law, they also do not accept the four primary components of blood: red cells, white cells, platelets, and plasma.

11 Today, through further processing, these components are often broken down into fractions that are used in a variety of ways. Could a Christian accept such fractions? Does he view them as "blood"?"

The same reasoning that the WTS provides for "fractions" can also be used regarding the "four primary components" as well. Further, they state:

"...They may reason that at some point fractions that have been extracted from blood cease to represent the life of the creature from which the blood was taken."

This is the key. How is it determined(who determined this? WTS? Medical field?) which part of the blood, component or fraction, represents the life of the creature? Because I can pretty much guarantee that if you were to remove any specific component, or even a very minor fraction from the bloodstream for that matter, you're going to die. EVERY fraction spoken of in this article is necessary for humans to live. The way the WTS presents it, a "fraction" such as hemoglobin is acceptable because it would no longer represent life once fractionated from red blood cells. But let's say you removed all hemoglobin from your body - what is going to happen? Will not your life end suddenly? Of course it will! The WTS will never address this argument in print. They pretend to make it appear as if whatever is acceptable is something your body can do without.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I like when they point out that many in the medical field view bloodless surgery as the "gold standard", without giving even one example or quote from these so-called experts. If this were really true, and they had this information at their disposal, they would've done so freely.

I think that "gold standard" quote comes from one of the doctors interviewed in their no-blood video.

Well well well, I see that they are still trying to connect blood consumption with blood transfusion. I'm tired of this ignorant stance being perpetuated!!
    This is the key. How is it determined(who determined this? WTS? Medical field?) which part of the blood, component or fraction, represents the life of the creature? Because I can pretty much guarantee that if you were to remove any specific component, or even a very minor fraction from the bloodstream for that matter, you're going to die. EVERY fraction spoken of in this article is necessary for humans to live. The way the WTS presents it, a "fraction" such as hemoglobin is acceptable because it would no longer represent life once fractionated from red blood cells. But let's say you removed all hemoglobin from your body - what is going to happen? Will not your life end suddenly? Of course it will! The WTS will never address this argument in print. They pretend to make it appear as if whatever is acceptable is something your body can do without.

Good point, Jourles...I never thought about that aspect.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

No the JWS will never drop the blood policy for this very reason......law suits

I'm sure their select lawyers have already pointed out this fact, lawyers have important role in the operation of the WTS.

In actuality they have from the very beginning.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

First time I've seen blood donation specifically forbidden.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought the illustration regarding the water given to David actually made the point of taking blood rather than not taking it. Along with their point about bleeding the animal correctly and having some residue left. All symbolic.

The eating of blood excuse rears it's ugly head again. Again, they do not quote medical science as the red blood cells transfused continue to live for some time in your body. Just like a kidney transplant. We don't eat the kidney and our bodies break it down to make a new one.

What a shame and what a dangerous policy. You would think that misinforming the rank and file on blood would be a concern because of what happened in Canada's court system.

• booby
    booby

is'nt the civilian service on page 215 at the top new too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit