The Story of Bonnie & Berta Lives On - Part 2

by Farkel 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hi Folks,

Since discovering that the "Rutherford Exposed" thread I started 4 years ago was reconstructed in its entirety after it had become currupted here due to some computer glitch, even newer information has come to light and some new clues have also arisen for researchers to ferret out.

The link to the PDF of the fully restored original 227 page thread (together with a short summary of the major points) is found in another thread I started here:

Explosive Rutherford Thread Restored
    http://jehovahs-witness.com/11/158927/1.ashx

JWD Poster "Starting Over" started another, independent thread in which he/she wanted more information about William Pratt Heath, Sr. and more proof regarding his connection and status with the Coca Cola bottling Co. in Atlanta, GA. I replied in that thread and due to a suggestion from Barbara Anderson said that a good place to start is here:

The largest Coca Cola museum is the "World of Coca Cola" in Atlanta, GA where William Heath Sr. worked and was one of the founders as I understand. Here is all the contact info you need, or you can search "World of Coca Cola" in your browser and snoop around there.

The World of Coca Cola
    121 Baker St. NW
    Atlanta, GA 30313-1807
    (404) 676-5151

The museum can be contacted and asked if they have curator who might have the information wanted re Heath, Sr.

Barbara also mentioned that William Heath Sr's. obituary is in a December 1950 New York Times issue. Researchers can also look that up for more information on Heath's life.

She also suggested someone look up and post the coroner's report on Judge Rutherford. I've posted his death certificate in the past, but have never seen the actual coroner's report. Anyone care to tackle finding and sharing that one? I know about the funeral home in San Diego where his body awaited funeral. Any San Diegans willing to trek down to the County Recorder's office on Pacific Coast Highway and try to locate that coroner's report? Would the coroner's report show that he had been dead several days as recently claimed? That rats had been eating on him? That he was drunk when he die? I would love to find out, but I don't live in San Diego any more.

AT LAST A PICTURE OF BONNIE BOYD HEATH?

Barbara Anderson also met Suzanne Black in West Palm Beach, Florida many years ago. She also know her grandson Danny Black who worked in the WTS writing department. Danny Black told Barb that Bonnie Boyd was known for wearing large hats, even to meetings. If you look at the picture on the right in this link, you will see a women JUST BEHIND Rutherford wearing a big hat. There is no other woman in this picture. Could this be the elusive Bonnie Boyd, for which most of us has never seen a picture?

Some incredible WT history was dredged out of the first Bonnie and Berta thread, and for those interested, more can be dug up and shared on this one.

Leolaia, Nathan Natas and you other marvelous researchers, where are you? Shall we add another chapter to the Rutherford/Bonnie/Berta saga? :)

Farkel, All Pooped Out Class

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Leolaia is on vacation if memory serves. I'll see what I can do. By the way, was there supposed to be a link to the supposed picture of Princess Bonnie?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nathan,

Follow the link in this thread to my first thread of a few days ago and use the link there to get to the site that has the PDF. The picture is on that site as well as on the PDF.

Farkel

• DNCall
    DNCall

I knew Bonnie and Bill Heath personally from the time I was a child until well into my 20s, when they both died. Bill was a southern gentleman and Bonnie was loud, outspoken and flamboyant--hats and all. The word was that Bill was disinherited from the Coca-Cola fortune when he became a JW. I have heard that his mother, on the other hand, made sure that Bill and Bonnie lived very well. I had been a guest in two of their homes on two occasions. One occasion was a lavish Hawaiian-themed party in the San Diego area that could have been at Beth Shan, although I seem to remember that it was in North San Diego County near Mt. Palomar. The other time was when they lived in Santa Monica. They were guests in my parent's home many times. They ultimately moved to a large house in Bill's hometown of Atlanta, GA. At that time, my father was having a hard time financially, and they invited my parents and me to live with them in Atlanta. My father wouldn't hear of it and not long after bounced back financially.

The last time I saw them was in my parent's home. Bonnie commented rather tactlessly that it's a good thing my newborn daughter looks more like my wife than me. I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Their close relationship with J.F. Rutherford is quite well chronicled on this board. From what I knew of Bonnie and Bill, they and the Judge were "peas in a pod."

DNCall

• Farkel
    Farkel

DNCall,

It's always great to get first hand information!

:Bill was a southern gentleman and Bonnie was loud, outspoken and flamboyant--hats and all.

Did you check out the picture on my links which I think is Bonnie? If not, please do, and let us know.

: The word was that Bill was disinherited from the Coca-Cola fortune when he became a JW.

Yet, it was his father Bill, Sr. who contributed the funds to build Beth Sarim and who also was a good friend of JFR. Also, his mother became a Bible Student around 1915. Why would his father disinheret him, then?

:I have heard that his mother, on the other hand, made sure that Bill and Bonnie lived very well. I had been a guest in two of their homes on two occasions. One occasion was a lavish Hawaiian-themed party in the San Diego area that could have been at Beth Shan, although I seem to remember that it was in North San Diego County near Mt. Palomar.

This would make sense, since Mt. Palomar is near Julian and Bill Jr. and Bonnie owned a home and property in Julian. Beth Shan was sold in 1945. Was that party before or after 1945?

:Their close relationship with J.F. Rutherford is quite well chronicled on this board.

Thanks to posters like you!

Farkel

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    She also suggested someone look up and post the coroner's report on Judge Rutherford. I've posted his death certificate in the past, but have never seen the actual coroner's report. Anyone care to tackle finding and sharing that one? I know about the funeral home in San Diego where his body awaited funeral. Any San Diegans willing to trek down to the County Recorder's office on Pacific Coast Highway and try to locate that coroner's report? Would the coroner's report show that he had been dead several days as recently claimed? That rats had been eating on him? That he was drunk when he die? I would love to find out, but I don't live in San Diego any more.

Farkel, I'm up to the challenge. Apparently the County Recorder's office doesn't handle medical examiner's reports, but I've found the appropriate office anyhow.

I'll request whatever information they might have on good old Joseph Franklin Rutherford. But before I do, I have two questions for you, Farkel:

1. According to Wikipedia, he died January 8, 1942. Is this correct?

2. Do you happen to have the CASE number for his death? If you don't, it might not be a problem, but the form asks for it, and it might help expedite the search.

• DNCall
    DNCall

I only knew Bonnie late in life, but I would say that Bonnie is the lady in the hat in both pictures.

Julian it is. The party was circa 1955 or 1956.

DNCall

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sir Nose,

: According to Wikipedia, he died January 8, 1942. Is this correct?

Correct.

I don't have a case number, but San Diego was not a big town in 1942 so there could have not been that many death cases per day. Keep in mind that if it WAS several days after JFR died when they discovered his body, the coroner's examination would have been days after his death. This also brings up the question, did he really die on Jan. 8th if his body was discovered days later? If so, did coroners back then have the knowledge to determine accurately the date of death when the corpse is discovered somewhat later?

Farkel

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I invoke the arcane powers of the immortal Hermes Trismegistus!

alt

• watson
    watson

That's you on the left, there Nathan, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit