CREATIONIST TEACHERS

by badboy 53 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

1 IN 8 HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS IN USA TEACH CREATIONISM AND ID AS VALID SCIENCE.

16% OF TEACHERS BELIECE HUMANS WERE CREATED LESS THAN 10,000 YEARS AGO

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I would rather they teach Creation then evolution

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The INTERNET should replace TEACHERS.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

Scary statistic! I'm one teacher that definitely will not teach religious dogma. In fact, in my class if the Bible comes up the students know that they must speak of it in non-religious terms, using words like myth or fiction or the old standby, "some people believe..." rather than stating things in absolute terms.

• yknot
    yknot

Now Now.....

Evolution is a theory.....yes yes we agree with microevolution (animal husbandry, genetic modification of crops, Roman noses, viral mutations etc) but all in all those of us in creationist state are quite happy to not have monkey men shoved down our throats.

Children of all faiths are allowed to bring their bibles, qurans or tanakh & talmud to school in Texas. Terms like 'some people believe' only happen when a student isn't sure of the source, if it is their own belief then they say "I believe".

Besides if evolutionist are right......we only have a period of time on this earth as a species so what difference does it make if you believe in either.

***********quick question************

What do you evolutionist think will become of homo sapiens over the course of time? Will we evolve to another higher form (if so what) or are we the top of the line and set for total extinction?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The Lone Ranger:

I would rather they teach Creation then evolution

yknot:

all in all those of us in creationist state are quite happy to not have monkey men shoved down our throats.

I'm all for your right to believe whatever you want to believe but this is the education of children we are talking about. Your preferences as to what they should be taught are irrelevant. Teaching Bronze Age myths in place of science is just wrong, it's a betrayal of a very important responsibility. I'm sure you would be outraged to learn that there are schools teaching "flat-earth theory" to children, and would no doubt agree that although their parents believe it, having been misinformed themselves, it is unjustifiable to continue to teach it to the next generation. Do you really want your children to be as ignorant as you are? And even if you do, do you think ignorant parents in general should be allowed to sabotage their children's education?

• yknot
    yknot

Derek

I have an AS in biology.

I acknowledged microevolution but not macroevolution.

If you feel differently, as a parent you can choose to instill a preference for the macroevolution theory.

Either way each side feels it has 'proof' but alas all is theory

• Caedes
    Caedes

Yknot,

If you really have completed a course in biology did you miss the first lesson? You know, the lesson where they explained the difference between the scientific use of the word 'theory' to the layman's use of the word? That must have been the same lesson where they explained the scientific method and what constitutes proof.

There is a place for ID and creationism in school, in the comparitive religion class.

The statistics were reported in the new scientist if anyone is interested.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Evolution is a theory.....

A theory is not just a guess. It is a scientifically consistant set of hypotheisis to describe a natural process.

yes yes we agree with microevolution

Macroevolution is just microevolution happening over billions/millions of years.

quite happy to not have monkey men shoved down our throats.

We did not come from monkeys or apes. Monkeys diverged from a common branch long time ago.

What do you evolutionist think will become of homo sapiens over the course of time?

Same thing that has been happening to life on this planet since it began. We might become extinct, if not we will become something else.

I have my doubts that that many teachers teach ID.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    monkey men

An important part of any biology course is the topic of 'monkey men'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit