Taking my life back

by Junction-Guy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have come to the crossroads where something has to give. I no longer enjoy visiting any XJW forum. I have to pull myself away from the negativity or else I will implode from within.

I have let so much go while spending every waking moment of my life reading the topics, getting into heated debates and so forth.

Summer is almost here and I will not waste it by squandering away my time on the internet.

I have several goals, and now is the time to get cracking.

1.Church life-----Although I attend church about 4 times a year in Kentucky, I need more. From here on out, I will make it my goal to attend church here in Tennessee at least once a month. It is not alot but it is a start

2. Bible reading---I have let this go for quite some time, instead of tuning in online, I will make it my goal to read at least one scripture a day.

3. I will either find a nearby Exodus ministry to fellowship with, or I will start one here myself. I will also be getting in touch with Focus on the Family.

4. Family----I am going to start calling my family in Kentucky at least once a week, and keep in touch with them.

5. Exercise--- I am going to start getting out more and walking, and also Im going to use the pool more this summer.

These are my short term and long term goals.

I have met quite a few people on here the past few years, and many of them I think dearly of. However I can not continue on here and let everything else fall by the wayside.

I am tired of arguing with the gays and the atheists, it isnt productive and just causes more bitter feelings to grow.

I am going to take my life back slowly but surely, change is in the air.

I am slowly going to remove myself from the XJW world and all of its plight. I have enough problems of my own, and I don't have the time nor the desire to fix others.

I will still help certain causes, but for the most part I am going to move on.

This is a very big step for me, but it is something that must be done. Arguing with Avatars and people I may never even know is not productive and very little can become of it.

I will not surrender one shred of my beliefs and most of you won't either, so basically it is an impasse. I could argue until I am blue in the face, but it does nothing but raise my blood pressure.

I have discussed this with several people at work last night and they agreed wholeheartedly, that I need to distance myself and move on with my life, all of this negativity does nothing but harm.

So there it is folks, these are my goals, and this is what I will work toward.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good for you. Looking back over the history of this forum, it seems that most people stay until they're ready to move on and then leave. It's a natural progression.

Mickey.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I hope this brings you what you need. And that maybe you have finally figured out what you need. Who knows, if you can forgive yourself for being human, you may be able to let other people be human, too...

• BFD
    BFD

I didn't even read a word after the title.

Just ROFLMGDFAO!!!!!!

BFD

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just go - you'll be happier. Seek some therapy too - I think most people should have regular therapy as part of they're leaving the witnesses.

You don't need to announce it either - I left for 2 + years, and didn't say a word. Trust me - it's just a computer. And this ain't the real world, either.

Adios, amigos.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Therapy is good.

No matter how expensive.

A non-biased therapist would be ideal.

So forget about the Exodus Gay-Haters and the Hypocritical Closet Gay Focus on the Family groups you were considering looking into.

That's if you're serious about taking your life back.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

So.. best of luck to you, JG. Hope your program for curing your blatant latent homosexuality works out for you. I don't want to go trolling the gay websites in a few years and find you hitting on J Canon or anything.

Cog

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My life became a lot happier when I quit judging others - that is a helluva leftover from Jwism for most. I try to embrace difference. Gays are people, humans. And the ones I know are damned good ones for the most part. Atheists are fine people too. There are bad eggs in any group of course. But most of what seems bad about those we label is a result of our own failure to allow them to chose lifestyles or ideas for themselves. Jw's taught us to fear and hate those who did not adopt our viewpoints. It will be good to let that go, and if this board is making it fester, then walking away from this board is a good idea.

I applaud your choice to take back your life. Best wishes to you. I hope we stay in touch. You have my number.

Jeff

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is some heavy shit, Dude. Go for it. Don't try to do it all at once, maybe church every other month instead of once a month.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dave, living your life and being happy is the goal here, so I am happy for you. If you are ever going to be in WA state, drop me a line, and I'll take you out for lunch. I won't argue with you:)\

Love,

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit