A Way To Get Our Boys Out Of Iraq.....Shoot The Quran Full Of Bullet Holes

by BlackPearl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

The guy was sent out of Iraq for shooting at the Quran,....good idea!

"The U.S. military said Sunday that it had disciplined the sniper and removed him from Iraq after he was found to have used Islam's holy book for target practice May 9 in a predominantly Sunni area west of Baghdad. The book was found two days later by Iraqis on a firing range in Radwaniyah with 14 bullet holes in it and graffiti written on its pages, tribal leaders said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080520/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_quran_shooting;_ylt=Au7x8FLqW6Btpoc2CksNo24DW7oF

• Gopher
    Gopher

I thought the Koran was already a holey book.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Smiley lol 022.gif Gopher is funny! I had the same thought when I heard this on the news this morning. Why are they passing out Korans to the troops anyway? momz

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The Base Chaplain said he could "shoot the Qu'ran full of holes", but he only meant metaphorically.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Why didn't Bush just get on his knees and suckem off. I mean for Christs sake the Quran is nothing more than a book. The sniper was disciplined for what? Shooting accurately? If the "fing" Iraquis didn't like it tought shit, the soldier has the right not to respect their particular religious beliefs. We need to get the Jag officers and the chicken s**t politicals out of the way and let the military run the war for crying out loud. When I visited that area of the world years ago, we weren't even allowed to take a bible in country with us, it wasn't Iraq but was the middle east. The presidential hopefulls are so full of it too, let the generals and the admirals run it for christ sakes.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

So they're there to shoot people, but aren't allowed to shoot books. Don't you just love religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit