Why Adam and Eve were unfairly judged by God

by BreakingAway 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

God does NOT play fair! Not only He did not provide all the consequences that would happen, but He had no reason to forbid the eating of that fruit. Who else would have eaten it? Or, would it have merely rotted and gone to waste? In which case, it was a waste of food.

Notably, God doesn't ever play fair!

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Thanks for the replies.I thought this thread might get more comments but I'd imagine similar issues have been discussed here many times before.Anyway, for God to leave out critical information and change the rules anytime he wants, even when that information completely changes the meaning, goes beyond reasonableness and it just plain sick.

"I dont want to start any blasphemous rumours
    But I think that gods got a sick sense of humor.."

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi,

I don't know if you've ever done any reading anything by Jewish scholars but the Jewish religion does not believe in original sin. It is a teaching of the Christian writers, not of the Hebrew writers. I was blown away by studying up on Jewish understand of the Hebrew writings it really helped me understand why Jewish people believed that Christians had high jacked their religion. When I began to see the difference in thinking or interpretation between the two view points Judaism and Christianity I began to understand more. It is worth check out and there are many books and online studies of Judaism.

The teachers of Judaism pointed out have the concept of Adam and Eve being the total source of mankinds down fall was really contrary to the Hebrew Torah. Check it out.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If the Hebrew God was a man today, would you pick him for a friend based on a personality profile and behavior record obtained from the stories in the Tanakh?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Absolutely not ! In fact, I would go out of my way to avoid such a person.To be honest, the God of the Bible comes across as dangerously schizophrenic.That is not a dig at those who genuinely suffer from such an affliction but just points out that God doesn't really seem to know who he is and as a result others suffer because of it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"the God of the Bible comes across as dangerously schizophrenic"

Hmmm, wonder why the business of religion does so good.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

bring the light,

i believe you are slightly confused about the exact question that is the premise of this thread. The premise is that there IS a supreme God, who by anyone but an atheist would readily admit has the right to set standards, and whether or not he was unfair--if you don't believe that then, fine-- you need to start another thread. Just because you have free will doesn't mean you get to set the standards of right and wrong and what's fair and unfair.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

God gave us REASON, not Religion. http://www.deism.com/

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

bring the light,

i believe you are slightly confused about the exact question that is the premise of this thread. The premise is that there IS a supreme God, who by anyone but an atheist would readily admit has the right to set standards, and whether or not he was unfair--if you don't believe that then, fine-- you need to start another thread. Just because you have free will doesn't mean you get to set the standards of right and wrong and what's fair and unfair.

Chyah Wa?

To set up a little game where you lie, someone else tells the truth, and then you change the rules of the game when you lose isn't fair. I declare it so. No such God shall have my allegiance, I can make that decision, I did, and I just shared that with you in this thread.

It looks like i indeed can fail to admit anyone has the right to set standards, determine and state what is fair, and do so in this very thread. I just did all of these things right in front of you for the world to see. I suspect you may be confused here, free will did all of these things.

I suspect little light has reached this poor child.

Bring_the_Light

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

BTL has not failed to understand the premise of this thread as the premise of this thread is clearly stated in the title.Any God, of any form whatsoever, that arbitrarily changes the rules when he knows he's about to lose or "he's been had", is worthy neither of worship nor respect, in any form.

Such actions would never be tolerated by an imperfect human (who consequently has greater excuse for said behavior) and would subsequently be punished.Being the biggest kid on the block who is stronger than others does not give him the right to do as he pleases without regard to others or the consequences for such actions.I believe the term is "bully" or "asshole".

God's claim to fame seems to be :You can't do shit to me, so there ! " If the guy did exist...I just wish there were someone bigger to come along and kick his ass ....God knows he could use it !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit