Reduction in Pio Hours & New Message?

by conoroberst 15 Replies latest jw friends

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

Hello all,

I have heard over the last couple of weeks , from 2 different sources that the pioneer hours are to be reduced to 60, this has come from UK bethel sources, but not seen anything posted here about that here... also that the new WT for the witnesses contans an article that gives 3 new points of 'revised light'... any ideas what these are about?

I have also had lots of fun recently, questioning people on what the scripture mean whan it says .. do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together, even more so as you behold gods day drawing near... in view of the recent book study stuff...

• still_in74
    still_in74

dont know about the pioneer hours but the new light is probably the July 15 WT - reviews the annual meeting revisions of the Dragnet and the Leaven. Probably a 3rd thing in there too.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The thought about the scripture in Hebrews also occurred to me. Yes, I've heard the same re pioneer hours. The society must have invested in some energy saving light bulbs.

• JK666
    JK666

Shoot, just 60 hours! I should go back and pioneer.

NOT!!!

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's just a game to get the whole congregation to pioneer. They will tell the lead hounders to tell the God machines that anyone can get a lousy 60 hours a month, and put enormous pressure on people to sign up. Then, if anyone is able to get in 60 hours and there is still time left, the pressure will be "Why do just the minimum?".

It is still not worth it. I wouldn't do 60 yoctoseconds of field circus per year, let alone 60 a month. I say they should just do away with field circus reports altogether, and let people decide for themselves whether the cost is worth it.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yeah 60 hours a month is enough time wandering aimlessly around the suburbs filling in not-at-home slips while everyone else is making an honest living.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

What's going to happen with the auxiliaries? Done away with?

• carla
    carla

Can someone explain hours needed for regular pioneers, auxilary, and are there also 'special' pioneers hours? thank you.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

When I was in the organization I thought to myself: "pioneer", "circuit overseer", "elder", screw it all, Jesus said we are all "brothers" - Mt 23. If they reduced the hour requirement I still wouldn't do it. Those still in the organization need to stop pleasing man. If they do service it should be for God, and screw the "field service report". RE: regular pioneers: 70 hours, auxilary: 50 hours, and 'special' pioneers: 100 hours (my guess)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I spend 60 hours a month on this board. Can I be a pioneer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit