Iran Busts CIA-Backed Terror Group

by What-A-Coincidence 14 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

http://www.jonesreport.com/article/05_08/19iran_cia_terror.html

Announcement follows Neo-Con General's urge for Bush administration to support terrorist bombings in Iran

Paul Joseph Watson / Prison Planet | May 19, 2008

The Iranian Intelligence Ministry busted a CIA-backed terror group that was planning to bomb scientific, educational, and religious centers, and carry out assassinations, according to a report in the Tehran Times. The arrests come weeks after Ret. Gen. Thomas McInerney urged the U.S. to carry out terror bombings in Iran.

"The Intelligence Ministry on Saturday released details of the detection and dismantling of a terrorist network affiliated to the United States," reports the newspaper.

"The United States Central Intelligence Agency comprehensively supported the terrorist group by arming it, training its members, and sponsoring its inhumane activities in Iran, the Intelligence Ministry stated."

The attack on a religious center in Shiraz last month which killed thirteen people and wounded 190 was blamed on the same group and according to the report, "it also had plans to carry out similar attacks on the Tehran International Book Fair, the Russian Consulate in Gilan Province, oil pipelines in southern Iran, and other targets."

(Article continues below)

While it's obviously naive to take a report out of Iranian state-controlled media at face value, top Neo-Cons have been calling for the US to back terror groups in Iran and other reports clearly indicate that this program has already been in place for years.

On Friday we reported on the comments of Ret. Gen. Thomas McInerney, who in a Fox News appearance publicly called for the U.S. government to support groups like MEK (Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization), which is listed by the State Department as a terrorist organization, and carry out deadly bombings in Iran.

"Here’s what I would suggest to you. Number one, we take the National Council for Resistance to Iran off the terrorist list that the Clinton Administration put them on as well as the Mujahedin-e Khalq at the Camp Ashraf in Iraq," said McInerney.

"Then I would start a tit-for-tat strategy which I wrote up in the Wall Street Journal a year ago: For every EFP that goes off and kills Americans, two go off in Iran. No questions asked. People don’t have to know how it was done. It’s a covert action. They become the most unlucky country in the world," he added.

Last November, Fox and Friends host Brian Kilmeade openly called for US support for acts of terrorism, such as car bombings, in Tehran. Colonel David Hunt, who has over 29 years of military experience including extensive operational experience in Special Operations, Counter Terrorism and Intelligence Operations, agreed with Kilmeade, stating "absolutely" in response to Kilmead's question about whether cars should start blowing up in Tehran.

The U.S. government is already funding MEK and the group has been linked with numerous bombings inside Iran over the course of the last few years. The organization has also killed U.S. troops and civilians since the 70's.

According to Global Security.org, "In the early 1970s, angered by U.S. support for the pro-Western shah, MEK members killed several U.S. soldiers and civilians working on defense projects in Iran. MEK members also supported the 1979 takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, in which 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days."

In addition - British SAS have been caught training insurgents in Iraq to carry out hi-tech bombings that are later blamed on Iran.

Another Iranian-based terror group that the Bush administration is already funding as a means of regime change in Iran is Jundullah - a Sunni Al-Qaeda terrorist group formerly headed by the alleged mastermind of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

"The CIA is giving arms-length support, supplying money and weapons, to an Iranian militant group, Jundullah, which has conducted raids into Iran from bases in Pakistan," the London Telegraph reported last year.

The group has been blamed for a number of bombings inside Iran aimed at destabilizing Ahmadinejad's government and is also active in Pakistan, having been fingered for its involvement in attacks on police stations and car bombings at the Pakistan-US Cultural Center in 2004.

As award-winning journalist Seymour Hersh reported back in 2004, U.S. intelligence and Israel’s Mossad are busy at work stirring up trouble in Iran in preparation for an attack on that country. In early 2005, the Guardian reported that “American special forces have been on the ground inside Iran scouting for US air strike targets for suspected nuclear weapons sites."

------------------------------------

• Simon
    Simon

Not surprising. The USA has long been one of the foremost sponsors of terrorism around the world.

You'd think with all the practice they've had that they would be better at it by now though ...

• What-A-Coincidence
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The MEK is NOT a real terrorist group. It is a legitimate resistance group to the tyrannical Mullahs in Iran. It was the MEK that first bought to the world's attention that the Mullah's were after nuclear fissile material and were actively building nuclear facilities towards that aim. The MEK is a tragically misunderstood organisation and should never have been placed on this list of terrorist groups. Supporting the MEK is an excellent way for the US to help topple the rotten regime in Tehran that is currently oppressing the Iranian people.

Do more homework on this..you'll be surprised at what you find.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

yadda yadda 2:

The MEK is NOT a real terrorist group.

That''s not surprising. I find a good rule of thumb is that if something is posted here by What-a-Coincidence, it's complete nonsense.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

It's easy to dismiss information when you haven't read it or checked the sources

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

S3RAPH1M:

It's easy to dismiss information when you haven't read it or checked the sources

It is indeed but you need to be careful doing this. However, as I stated, when it's What-A-Coincidence making the claim, you can be fairly confident in dismissing it without bothering to read it or check the sources. Almost without exception, everything he posts is so utterly ludicrous that it barely even qualifies as false.

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, funkyderek, you are saying that it is just too much of a coincidence to actually be a coincidence?

<<giving due credit to baseball great Yogi Berra, of course LOL>>

I sometimes wonder what the greater motivation is behind this sort of propaganda - actual love for Iran and the Mullahs, or just simple hatred for the United States of America? To me, it would seem that true liberalism would align more with something like the Dahlai Llama and pacifism than the modern day Persian barbary.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

one persons terrorist is another persons freedom fighter, it just depends what side of the fence you are on

• james_woods
    james_woods

I guess belief in the Holocaust also just depends on what side of the fence you are on?

Given what I have seen of the Mullah's views on personal freedom, (particularly for women and other religions), I believe I will take the side of the fence that I am on presently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit