Saturday, June 14, Dallas, TX

by cruzanheart 30 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, it's not EXACTLY on the date but the first opportunity thereafter! Chris (Big Tex) and I were married on June 4, 1983, so this is our 25th wedding anniversary coming up. We thought, to make things simple (i.e., I'm not cooking or cleaning up ANYTHING) we'd just go out to dinner on June 14 and let our dear JWD . . . and other boards . . . friends know the date and place and if you care to join us, you're welcome to come!

It's been a hell of a ride. We were both regular pioneers when we met and we weathered the storms of getting married (both sets of parents did their best to keep it from happening), Chris leaving the Borg, me staying in for another 15 years and two kids, his family disowning him, my father's suicide . . . suffice to say it's been a lot of drama. But here we are, still in love, still married, and free of the religious chains that bound us for so long.

I thought I'd start the thread since we have the date in mind, and the place will be decided later.

Anybody want to come?

Nina

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

We LOVE you guys ! Congratulations on 25 years !

We will be there !

The Rabbits

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks!!! Wouldn't be a party without the Rabbits!

Nina

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Name the place. Would love to share stories.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good question. I'm just the hubby, so I don't know where we're going!

Chris

• wednesday
    wednesday

the Wednesday's would love to help you celebrate your life together.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Cool! I'm thinking hibachi might be nice, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Nina

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

You must have gotten married young; either that, or you truly are young at heart!! Congratulations and here's wishes for another 25 years of sharing life's adventures together. Maybe we can make it down for the weekend.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Aw, thanks! It's definitely "young at heart," Irreverent, not young!

Hugs to you and Blondie,

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We had a really nice mini-fest at Blue Fish in Addison a few years ago, and I'm thinking that Blue Fish may be where we're heading this time. It's not only sushi but has hibachi grilled food as well, so everyone should be able to find something they like on the menu. And I can have my sake bomb!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit