If you could say just one thing to help free a JW...

by Mr Ben 16 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

If you could say just one thing to help free a JW...

I wouldn't say it.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

"Please, You need to reexamine and confirm your beliefs with the facts."

• 10p
    10p

Reason wont work 90% of the time. (a made-up, approximate figure :)

you gotta get a strong, powerful emotional punch in - a short, sharp stab, as it were.

"Hundreds of witnesses DIED because they weren't allowed blood fractions that are allowed now!"

and say no more - the more you say, the more you dilute it. Read my other post from yesterday, the article from New Scientist mag.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'd say a God of love would never eternally destroy 99% or so of earth's population at Armageddon and especially if the great majority of earth's population have no clue about Jehovah or the 'truth' etc, therefore, Jehovah simply cannot eternally destroy them at Armageddon. Most people are clearly not wilfully wicked, rather, they have inherited sinful tendencies through no fault of their own. To believe God would slaughter most human beings on this planet for all eternity at Armageddon means JW's do not "know" who God is, because God is primarily love, and a God of love simply wouldn't do that. So chill out, relax, leave your destiny in God's hands and stop busting your balls trying to earn your salvation through a religous organisation that hardly anyone on this planet knows or cares about.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i would quote my bumper sticker >>>> dont believe everything you think

• mouthy
    mouthy

I said what I would say a few weeks ago-to a lovely man that came to my door.

" Oh darling you shouldnt call yourselves Christians,Because your Jesus is Micheal the Ark angel " My Jesus is GOD!!!

Then I showed him Crises of Conscience ,the Studies in scriptures (The very first print,),,,told him I knocked on doors & netted 10 fish with the 1975 false warning.

Being mouthy & & holding his hand at one point, being old & crippled the poor guy was trapped. But I would do it again then pray when he escaped.... But I still think of him & pray for him I think that was to much info at one time but I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is the teacher & if this lad asks for light about his religion he may use it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"I love you, no matter how you treat me or what you believe, but I can't let a high-control religion like yours affect my life or my choices."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit