Does this sound familiar even though the jargon is foreign?

by Eliveleth 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

I happened on this site of ex-Scientologists. Even though I found the terminoloy unfamiliar, the principles

are the same as found in the Watchtower organization. I think you will find her experience familiar and interesting.

http://exscientologykids.com/kendra1.html

Velta

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow. Amazing.

There are indeed far worse "religions" to have been raised in, and Scientology is definitely one of them. Thanks for the link.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow,

I couldn't read through it all but the description of disconnection for apostate ideas was soo familiar... and her only desire was to speak to her parents who had disconnected her...

All of these crazy cults are the same... and to think, my mother escaped from the Scientologists and became a JW, lol...

A@G

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Awakened quote: "... and to think, my mother escaped from the Scientologists and became a JW, lol..."

Oh my heavens, Awakened, are you serious!!?

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

I know a sister who went to some Scientology meetings (not sure what they call them) back in the 80s...then started studying with the JWs. I think certain personalities are drawn to these high-control groups...and some of us are unfortunate enough to be born to parents with those personalities.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Its soo sad.

I don't get it, do Scientologists have an "Armageddon" coming that they need to be prepared for? Whats the premise of their Schtick? Everything I know so far is all about new age psycology, not even a hint of religious dogma. I talked to a pair of scientologists who were prostlytizing on the UofM campus. I gathered they were crazy as hell, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what they were trying to get me to believe. Just kept talking about "wisdom" and happiness etc.

I heard something about how they believe there is a spaceship hidden on earth, aliens are god, etc.? Anybody have the scoop on Scientology? or is it some shit like the Masons where you have to be in for 50 years before you learn everything?

Bring_the_Light

• Namaste
    Namaste

Wow, all you had to do was change a few terms here and there and it was like reading someone's life story on here. They put some crazy pressure on people though! They work a lot harder at keeping their recruits than JW's do.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bring the Light... here is an excellent place to get the real scoop on Scientology:
    http://www.xenu.net/

I have friends who have blood-curdling stories to tell about their personal experiences with Scientology. And trust me... they are worse than JWs.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I wasn't going to read this at first because it seemed a bit long. Once I started though I couldn't stop. The parallels between Scientology and JW's are amazing. And it just dawned on me why they hate psychiatry so much, why Tom Cruise was so against it. Psychiatrists know how cults work. Excuse me while more light bulbs continue to get turned on in my head the more I'm on this site. JWD rocks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit