pro-witness website

by besty 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• besty
    besty

www.jwproclaimers.org

anybody know what/who/why of this website? all links require a username and password.....

• raindog
    raindog

it is part of yahoo groups. I believe you need to go the yahoo groups page and sign up.

• besty
    besty

right - done that now - waiting to hear back from the group moderator

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

It probably won't last. The WS sends letters to sites like these asking them to close up shop. They cite things such as plagarism and the watchtower.org being the only online source for witnesses. If the owner is agreeable, the site will come down.

• yknot
    yknot

Someone posted a link & password on an earlier thread. The site contains past talks from the assemblies, DCs, zones, COs etc.

• anasazi
    anasazi

>anybody know what/who/why of this website? all links require a username and password.....

It is the place to get fair and balanced information by, for and about Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is an official site of Jehovah's Witnesses. Afterall, what is more official than
    the meetings and assemblies themselves?

The requirement of the user and password is for people to respect the provisions.

• 10p
    10p

I think I joined that a few years ago when I was still in... or maybe it was another JW yahoo group.

can't even be bothered to try and see if I can remember my username and password

• chickpea
    chickpea

it apprears that the yahoo group has been going since aug 05.... has a body count over 2200 and monthly posts in the range of 500..... that seems like a reasonably acitve group

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Pro witness???

• besty
    besty
    It is the place to get fair and balanced information by, for and about Jehovah's Witnesses.

I don't fully agree that the best source of fair and balanced information on a high control controversial religious cult is from their own teachings. It would certainly form part of an exhaustive study, but to call it 'the place' is inaccurate IMHO.

It is an official site of Jehovah's Witnesses. Afterall, what is more official than
    the meetings and assemblies themselves?

No it's not. From www.watchtower.org "This is the authoritative Web site about the beliefs, teachings, and activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. is a legal organization in use by Jehovah’s Witnesses."

The requirement of the user and password is for people to respect the provisions.

Seems a strange way for a not-for-profit religious publishing house to behave given there is no incremental cost or loss of revenue associated with making this information widely available. Most reputable charities don't restrict access to their content - rather they encourage it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit