where to go in LA area?

by tsar_robles 45 Replies latest jw friends

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

hi gals and guys,

I noticed there are quite a few of you that reside in the LA area.... so I'd like to get some feedback about where to go & what to do in the LA area; I'll be taking my family there in a week!

Our budged only allowed us to book a nice hotel in the san fernando area (Sylmar) which I have noticed is on the edge of the metro area... thus I hope there are HOV lanes or something to that effect to avoid the famous traffic jams...

Besides from the best routes to take to get around town, my wife and I have a couple more questions on tips for the main attractions, such as disneyland, best beaches to visit, good moderate priced restaurants, celeb sightseeings (lol) and anything else that I can keep my family entertained with.

I've been to San Pedro pier on one ocassion but that's about it... any feedback or tips are welcomed!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

You are staying about as far away from anything in LA as u could possibly be. Was there nothing affordable further south?

• PEC
    PEC

A must see in Syclmar, is the Nethercutt Collection. http://nethercuttcollection.org/main.html

Philip

• besty
    besty

santa monica pier

manhattan beach (where we live)

west sunset boulevard

open top stars homes tour bus

universal studios

griffith park observatory

don't drive anywhere between 7am and 9am or 3pm to 7pm - get satnav and stay off the freeways

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Universal Studios is fairly nearby Sylmar. I live here so sometimes I forget about all the tourist areas

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

[quote] You are staying about as far away from anything in LA as u could possibly be. Was there nothing affordable further south?

Nope, not really...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you don't have to go to LA at all. Go to Magic Mountain for the kids, in Santa Clarita. Take 118 or 126, can't remember which, over to Ojai and then to Santa Barbara. Lovely beaches in Santa Barbara. The mission is interesting, the courthouse is fabulous, lots of good sightseeing and shopping, eating. If you like road trips, go on up the coast to Morro Bay and San Simeon and then go back to Sylmar through Paso Robles and down 101. It's a bit of driving, but fabulous.

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

cool, thanks all!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Hey you should try to see a TV show like Leno, or Jimmy Kimmel

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Oh yeah PEC, that museum is awesome, I need to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit