Sunday's WT Study Article (May 18)

by FairMind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• FairMind
    FairMind

This Sunday’s Watchtower lesson is titled “Who Is Wise And Understanding Among You?”. It’s mostly a rehash of past material concerning the need to be cooperative with fellow Christians for the peace of the congregation. However, I suspect that whole point of this study article is actually contained in paragraph 14 where it talks about elders who might be removed from their position if they are deemed by the body and the CO as no longer meeting the “scriptural qualifications laid out for the position. Most likely IMO this refers to elders with low field service hours. I believe the way is being paved for the removal of many elders in the near future. Of course if one is removed he will be “wise” to accept this decision without ill feeling.

What do you think?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey FairM,

That one caught my attention, too. I'm waiting for Blondie to post the full text with her "comments you won't hear". Then I'll fire away...

B the X

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

A culling of the Elder flock makes sense in light of the canceling of the Book Study. The elders are also probably the most fxxxable of the flock. They can not only install some fear and discipline in the flock and make an example of weak ones, but a good fraction of the fxxxed will probably take it and show faith in the face of humiliation. Nice.

Not how I'd run my cult, but I'm sure it works.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just what they need, to get rid of what little help they have in their elder ranks.

I knew of one cat who was an elder and stopped going. after months the elder body contacted him and basically said he was still an elder, I think after a year they finally got the hint.

• yknot
    yknot

OHHHH so we know the fate of those not willing to give up a week of their lives to learn how to search the CD.

Company Kiss-arse men only need apply.....

WTS shuffle is the only dance in town !

Obey the WTS, Go in FS.....go on get moving...study WT pubs.....obey...FS....study....obey...FS...study...OBEY

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The wt sucks, and their teachings suck, and I hope they all die and go to hell, and that satan takes his pitchfork and pokes them all in their stupid asses. Because I am Tired of the Hypocrisy, the Most EVIL Man in America.....

• gnulite
    gnulite

yknot, I must have missed something here, hope I'm not reading too much into this but- "week of their lives to learn how to search the CD" Is that what the 5-day Elder school in Patterson about?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's the link to blondie's thread. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/158539/1.ashx

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

ynot -

There are going to be riots in the pet shops. Your blasphemous image of a man treading Hamstergod's "Wheel of Nothingness" is an affront to rodents everywhere!

The violence over Cartoons in Denmark will be as nothing.

HB

• lnunya
    lnunya

I believe the way is being paved for the removal of many elders in the near future.

Maybe they're laying the foundation for the development a 'clergy'......you know, a senior pastor, a junior pastor, a youth pastor, etc. Since the elder pool seems to be dwindling due to undesirable/unavailable elder material for one reason or another, that could be some 'new light.' No need to mention that Christendom's been doing that for centuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit