Are active JW's seeing the light?

by boyzone 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• iceguy
    iceguy

I heard Phil also...he is one of the most sensible witness's I have ever heard. He seems to know a lot of people in bethel and there is descent there. Phil is of the Anointed Class and he does really seem like a "Watchman" looking over the flock. Actually it seems more people want to talk to Phil than anyone else on those phone conference calls.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I heard that my aunt wanted to come, but she was afraid of getting into trouble again.

why not just do what your heart tells you to ?

• justhuman
    justhuman

The elder is an 'apostate" ...for sure...I have been disfellowshiped for 2 years and even my JW close relatives wan't speak to me...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Some individuals do have a lil glimpse every now and again.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Yup. I am one of those elders too. I have long offered "strong counsel" to show love and consideration for Df'd relatives and Df'd people in general. It's hard to believe I haven't been dealt with myself, as some elders are aware of my strong views when it comes to "showing the proper balance" when dealing with DF'ed relatives. My views are certainly contrary to WT policy. I am careful to use biblical principles when discussing the matter, and perhaps that is how I get away with it.

Deep down I know it to be one of the most damaging WT policies in existance. It leads to psychological, and sometimes physical damage (as in the case of suicides).

The Oracle

• frisbee
    frisbee

Have been through a surprising experience, recently had two elders call on me to chat about my being controversial and having bros and sis in my cong wonder If I were verging on apostasy especially as my daughter and son in law were recently dfd and I spent much time with them which hadnt gone unnoticed including moving with them to their new home in the States - and taking my grandsons with them - stinkers.

Had all my service priveledges removed as a result although am not now a ms, was once. However the CO recently visited two weeks ago who has two members of his own family DFD and came to see me with one of the previous elders - result told them to return my priveledges and not be so judgemental. That how I dealt with my family was between me and Jehovah ! Is this approach a softening and issuing from Bethel. Thin end of the wedge ? Many in my own cong have been sympathetic to my situation and are often asking after the family in a genuine way.

• frisbee
    frisbee

Oh I nearly forgot as a result of that newsflash of the NSCFC I have written a letter to the UKs charity commission suggesting they investigate the JWs charitable status in view of this deadful policy which goes counter to the declaration of Human Rights. It strikes me that we dont have much success through the courts as the 'earth' still comes to the JWs aid that makes you wonder how the wild beast will ever do a volte face, maybe a greater level of public awareness needs to be cultivated so that bethel begin to see the incredible damage that the policy is causing in the eyes of joe public as is happening in the case of many of my son in laws family.Who find it hard to believe that such ' nice people' can follow this type of policy.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Thanks for all your responses. I have an update.

Today at the school gate I was hoping that the attitude of the sisters might have softened after the words of this elder and them all knowing that my mum is in hospital. Instead they literally turned their back on me as I walked past. Particularly hurtful and disappointing as I'm feeling a bit vulnerable today (mum having alot of pain)

The good thing was my dad (an active witness) is absolutely furious with them all. He is ready to "have words" with these sisters and is coming with me to support me at the school tomorrow. He's also going to phone the elder back and explain what these "loving" sisters did. Can't believe my dad is on my side in this as he's been pretty harsh too.

To be honest, if the behaviour of these sisters makes my dad and this elder rethink the truth about the "truth, then it'll be worth all the heartache and tears the sisters have caused me.

Being so publicly shunned has had its advantages. Its been such a bad witness to so many people that I reckon they're gonna get told to take a hike at a few more doors. Maybe, just maybe all this will show up just what this "loving" organization is all about to kind hearted ones within.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

boyzone observed,

The good thing was my dad (an active witness) is absolutely furious with them all. He is ready to "have words" with these sisters and is coming with me to support me at the school tomorrow. He's also going to phone the elder back and explain what these "loving" sisters did. Can't believe my dad is on my side in this as he's been pretty harsh too.

Many times we have seen that the "tipping point" for some JWs comes when they have a PERSONAL experience with the harshness of the JW organization that they are literally slapped awake.

This may be the beginning of a crack in your Dad's cosmic eggshell, a crack that will let the light of truth in. He will be in turmoil perhaps, for a while, but this is a good thing. Be supportive of him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit