Who exactly is an apostate?

by SonoftheTrinity 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Slave4_38y, extremely funny!:)
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Technically, according to the GB, we here are ALL apostates, as we are mixing together and chatting negatively about the org!

Hahahaha...Im proud of the title, as it shows that I have a brain in my head!

• cofty
    cofty

It only applies to individuals who were baptised JWs and who now oppose the GB by holding to or spreading beliefs that oppose the organisation.

Others who were not baptised may be viewed as opposers but not apostates. In another context they also view all of "Christendom" as apostate.

• Twitch
    Twitch

A word used by those in perceived positions of power to label those who still recognize that power in some form or another

In other words, a meaningless word if you want it to be.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Everyone is a apostate except the Jews, they started this religion thing.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Oh I forgot, we must include Jesus or Paul. Yes from Judaism to Christianity.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Anybody who leaves a different religion to become a JW is an apostate. Making more apostates is the WTBTS policy!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

An "apostate" is a fictional boogeyman manufactured to serve a multi-function purpose: scapegoat, fear-factor, thought-stopping monster. You name it. All cults need someone to blame for their failure and mistakes. Satan serves a certain purpose in this, but he is invisible. It's convenient for cults to have a visible entity to blame: apostates.

• rmt1
    rmt1

hm

"• Deliberately spreading teachings contrary
    to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses:"

vs

"• Deliberately spreading teachings contrary
    to Bible truth:"

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Let me fix this for you.

rs p. 34 Apostasy ***
    Definition: Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of the watchtower organization, actually a rebellion against the governing body. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in the watchtower by a group false prophets who call themselves the governing body. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject the watchtower organization led by the false governing body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit