The Home Bible Study Arrangment - (Conversion Class)

by oneairhead 12 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I didn't want to hijack another thread but an idea popped into my head.

I remember when i was a dub going on bible studies with other persons and those persons interject(sp) their own ideas into the study, for example:

During a study a brother, while studying out of the Live Forever book, exclaimed that Noah had 3 sons Shem, Ham and Japheth and from those sons the various races came. He explained that Shem was white, Ham was black and Japheth was Oriental. I could not find this in any of the publications but never confronted him on it.

At another study a brother commented to a student that Satan was allowed to rove about on the earth because his job was to create all of the precious gem stones. I know that the bible does comment about gem stones and such in and around that time period but it was not confirmed in any of the publications. Again never said anything about it.

My point is, why does the society allow this bible study arrangment to go on since they love to be in control? Soon the book study will be gone, is the home bible study arrangement next?

It only makes sence to me that an arrangement will come into effect that directs the r&f to hand over all home bible studies to more qualified (die hard dubs) to give them the proper education.

It makes no sence giving a r&f member that much lattitude within this organization. Even in the business world sales people do not close the sale. When they get a live one on the line they are immediately sent up the chain to a more capable sales person.

Holy Spirit deliviered this to me and to it goes all the credit. The light gets brighter everyday I am here gathered with you people. Maybe I am of the annointed?

One

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Satan was allowed to rove about on the earth because his job was to create all of the precious gem stones

I wonder if he is linking that to the scripture twisted around & used to describe Satan as beautiful like jasper and onyx...I thought it was in Ezekiel but I'm having a hard

time finding it.

hope4others

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Yeah that is it. I know it is in there somewhere, and thanks for responding.

One

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Ezk 28: 11-15

11 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 12 “Son of man, lift up a dirge concerning the king of Tyre, and you must say to him, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said:

“‘“You are sealing up a pattern, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 In E´den, the garden of God, you proved to be. Every precious stone was your covering, ruby, topaz and jasper; chrys´o·lite, onyx and jade; sapphire, turquoise and emerald; and of gold was the workmanship of your settings and your sockets in you. In the day of your being created they were made ready. 14 You are the anointed cherub that is covering, and I have set you. On the holy mountain of God you proved to be. In the midst of fiery stones you walked about. 15 You were faultless in your ways from the day of your being created until unrighteousness was found in you.

16 “‘“Because of the abundance of your sales goods they filled the midst of you with violence, and you began to sin. And I shall put you as profane out of the mountain of God, and I shall destroy you, O cherub that is covering, from the midst of the fiery stones.

This is actually describing the King of Tyre but jw's have been long since using this as a parallel to Satan........

Hope4others

• loosie
    loosie

It sounds liek that brother needs a refresher course in what the WT really wants him to spew out, not his own alcohol inspried ideas.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

There should be a thread of weird concocted ideas that witnesses come up with, thinking

Lol its in the bible somewhere...........I'm done my thread count for the day....tee heee heee

h40

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Everyday, I remeber or put some thoughts together that reaffirm that this really is a twisted religion/cult. Simply Amazing!

One

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You mean JWs are a cult... That's new to me!!!!!

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I know that this is a new concept A@G but it will get easier to swallow as time goes on.

One

• M.J.
    M.J.

If they did away with it, the JW new-recruit teaching methods would be closer to that of Herbert W. Armstrong.
    There was more centralized, church and literature based training going on in the WCG.

As it is, the home study has its benefits as it's the org's version of the "discipling method" (a method mastered by, yet taken to extreme by the International Church of Christ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit