Republicans Face "Extraordinarily Problematic" Crisis

by nvrgnbk 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Very much so. Instead we had dumb, and dumber running the show. We had 8 years of America flying straight to hell in a handbasket. Had America elected a tampon blood clot to office they would have been futher ahead than electing & re-electing Bushtard. Then again, America deserves EVERYTHING it has coming to it. If you lost $50,000 on your house..... too bad sucker. If your 401K dumped by 25%, too bad dumb ass. If your T-Bill holdings went down by 8% or your retirement pension died along the way like most airline employee pensions.....tough shit. If you voted for Bush, you can't complain at all unless you've been executed by Karl Marx Rove.

I'm no Bush fan, but a clearer case of BDS than the above I have yet to find.

Bush Derangement Syndrome

The term BDS has been used in the political arena to describe a tendency by some American liberals to blame PresidentGeorge W. Bush for virtually every ill in the world. [9] [10] Another facet is a merely reflexive opposition to any position advocated by Bush for no other reason than that Bush happens to be advocating it. [11]

Krauthammer defined BDS as "the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency — nay — the very existence of George W. Bush". [2] [12] While Krauthammer's column was somewhat tongue-in-cheek (eg., "What is worrying epidemiologists about the Dean incident, however, is that heretofore no case had been reported in Vermont, or any other dairy state"), the term reflects a belief that some criticisms of President Bush — for example, a description of him as the greatest current threat to American lives — are of emotional origins rather than based on facts or logic.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

No BTS, the Republipukes need to come up with some stupid fantasy on why they are not to blame for the current ills of the country. I'm sorry, but most Presidents are a bit detached from the overall economic ups/downs of the country. However, not this Prez. He specifically has spent almost $2 TRILLION on the Iraq war which has devaluated our currency to such a point where you might as well call the dollar a peso.... same thing.

I would love to see the Supreme Court say that abortion is illegal. I would laugh....and laugh.....and laugh....at all those stupid women that voted for Dubya. Personally I believe if you voted for Dubya in 2004, you should never be allowed an abortion, ever, never, ever. Period. If you were stupid enough to vote for him, you are stupid enough to suffer the consequences. Sorry....that's just life, ya know?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Bush is not the total reason for the "current ills of the country" as you put it. It began
    its downward spiral after the Democrats took over Congress.

So, both parties, imo, are to blame for whatever ills we may be experiencing. They fight

like two cats in a burlap bag and do things just to keep the other side from "looking right."

It's a shame. At least McCain has a track record for being bipartisan and has cooperated with the

Dems on many issues

I would love to see the Supreme Court say that abortion is illegal. I would laugh....and laugh.....and laugh....at all those stupid women that voted for Dubya. Personally I believe if you voted for Dubya in 2004, you should never be allowed an abortion, ever, never, ever. Period. If you were stupid enough to vote for him, you are stupid enough to suffer the consequences. Sorry....that's just life, ya know?

Uh? Did this make sense to anybody out there?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    No BTS, the Republipukes need to come up with some stupid fantasy on why they are not to blame for the current ills of the country.

There is plenty of blame to hand out to be sure. The war has been grossly, grossly, grossly mishandled, and our civil liberties have been restricted by the new security apparatus. I would rather die free in a terror bombing than live under the "Patriot" act *spit*. The administration has shown no vision whatsoever in dealing with future threats to our autonomy, the current energy crisis looming large in my mind presently. Not to mention that like in other administrations, cronyism has been particularly rife.

I'm sorry, but most Presidents are a bit detached from the overall economic ups/downs of the country. However, not this Prez.

I disagree, I think this is mostly a problem of perception. You may disagree with the economic policies of the admistration and possibly be correct (and I partly do), but I do not doubt that they were implemented with the intention of promoting prosperity.

He specifically has spent almost $2 TRILLION on the Iraq war which has devaluated our currency to such a point where you might as well call the dollar a peso.... same thing.

The war, although a large factor, is only part of the problem. The devaluation of the currency is most tied to the relaxed monetary policy of the Federal Reserve and our current trade deficit. Also, I do not keep track of the number, but the 2 trillion $ figure you cite seems a bit excessive.

I would laugh as well, for joy at all the innocent lives that will be spared.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Journey, you seriously need to pull your head out of your ass, if you're going to continue to post on political threads. Acolyte de'Burn just ain't cuttin' it.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Don't worry, they'll find something to scare people with. fear > hope

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude
    Burn the Ships wrote: the 2 trillion $ figure you cite seems a bit excessive .

Wrong. If anything it is too low. See the $3 TRILLION estimate from the Washington Post link provided:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/07/AR2008030702846.html

At an absolute minimum the war will cost us $2 TRILLION to $3 TRILLION over the next 20 years. Hey $2 trillion is only $ 27,000 for a family of 4. The Iraq war is certainly worth that to most families isn't it? McCain said the war should be winding up in 2013......after 11 years of war. At that point our cost will 'only' be $4.5 TRILLION.

What a solid investment! Cheers!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wait Indo!

McCain was speculating on his successes as President at the end of 2013 when he said that. He also said "most of the soldiers in Iraq would be out" (in Iran??), and that "we would succeed in Iraq". Too bad we don't know what the objective is......................

• yknot
    yknot

...should have invaded Saudi Arabia instead.

...should be swapping food, medical supplies and small cash for oil in Iraq instead of freaking putting my money in their infrastucture while my school is overpopulated, roads potholed, groceries prices soaring, & congress giving itself a raise!

..shouldn't have pissed off the U.N.

Should have worked out a deal with the petrol companies about how much Americans would take before giving both the finger. As an oil brat I know how far up their butts they have crawled.....and all for a few of them to become richer then God, but leaving the grand ole' party to grab it's ankles and take it full and hard.

Now we have greedy Arab oil barrons (trophy license plates traded for 20 million dollars), food shortages, farmers (real ones not hugh corporations) folding or switching to ethanol corn to actually do more then break even!

As a lifelong conservative all I can say to the Republicans is"you bunch of freaking idiots! How hard would it have been to balance corporate growth and American superiority" You really want us to be a North American Union.....kiss my RED, WHITE & BLUE STAR SPANGLED ARSE!"

Yknot

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

a new slogan and renewed pledges of fiscal rectitude

It's an embarrassing joke for Republicans to talk about fiscal responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit