How much do WT & Awake mags cost?

by kzjw 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kzjw
    kzjw

I've heard it said that publishers/pioneers have to pay for the publications they distribute. What is the price they pay?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

They just leave a contribution in the conveniently located boxes. But they are constantly reminded to remember the literature is costly to publish.

momz

• blondie
    blondie

Since 1990 in the US and 2000 in the rest of the world, publications have no set price and non-jws if at all are "invited" to donate to the "worldwide work" of the WTS.

I wouldn't donate anything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are supposed to donate at the time they pick up the rags. The amount of that donation is supposed to be set by how much they can inflate the value of them. Then, they are supposed to donate whatever the householder donates toward them.

The actual cost of putting out the washtowels and asleeps is actually quite tiny. With a worldly publication, you have the added costs of paying the staff for writing up the articles and editing them. Additional cost is incurred in photos used for the magazines. Some of the journals have copyrighted studies cited, and they have the cost of seeking permission to use them. None of which affects the washtowels and asleeps (they just steal the photos they need, and have an unpaid art department put crap "art" on everything else). There is also no paid staff except those at Beth Hell that are paid a tiny stipend, and the writers are paid tiny stipends. Hence most of the expense is tiny.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I have no idea if this is true, but at one time I saw an estimate that said it cost about 3 cents to print up one mag (this was in 1970 or so). I can imagine inflation would increase that, but technology would decrease it...

• Casper
    Casper

We were "Encouraged" to donate when we picked up the literature, and then to donate any monies we received for in the door to door work.

I have no idea if this is true, but at one time I saw an estimate that said it cost about 3 cents to print up one mag (this was in 1970 or so).

I'd heard that also.

Cas

• garybuss
    garybuss

Nothing the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation does costs them anything, it all pays. Whatever scam they're using to get cash from people it's working. They used to charge me 3 cents for one magazine and the next thing I know they got a billion bucks in the bank and they're belly pushing my three year old son and me away from a vending machine.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Voluntary donations only.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

your happiness

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

About 15 cents per magazine, but $250 per visit at a psychologists to get the information back out of my brain!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit