So much horror in the world today! The JWs must be BEAMING with joy!!

by LovesDubs 18 Replies latest social current

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Have you heard anything those of you with ears to the Borg still? About the cyclone? The death tolls? The earthquakes? The bombings in the middle east? The economy and gas prices? How WONDERFUL all this bad news is to the JWs because they can "happify" themselves that the "end of the system must be near"??? echo echo echo And they can go door to door now preaching that THEIR way is the ONLY way to get out of all this horror using CNN as their soap box?

Seriously...I know they are GLOATING about all this. I remember thinking that way too. Bad news in the world is GOOD NEWS to the JWs! I remember even when 9/11 happened...how HAPPY they all were.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Yeah, it's pretty sick and anticlimactic at the same time. So much "hope" over suffering with so much nothing to show for it.

I used to think that they would have wished the "Sign" included terrorism, tsunamis, and hurricanes/cyclones to further solidfy thier beliefs. But now I realize they can cover them as war-related (terrorism), earthquake derived (tsunami), and all of them as people being "faint out of fear".

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's funny how the "worldly people" including the U.N are trying to help, while Witnesses just shake there heads and say "tisk, tisk."

This is just another catastrophy that will be fixed by humans as best they can.....till the next one comes along.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am sure you are correct. Let me just copy and paste a concluding line from a Jw sympathizer's email I received last week.

May He be with us in these terrible times.

This was the last line of an email exchange in which we were agreeing that the JW religion has incorrectly judged the entire world as wicked.

This guy is not a Jw, never has been. He is 3rd generation 'I believe it is the truth, but I will not ever do anything about it', Jw sympathizer. The doctrine runs so deep to those affected that I wonder how many millions are living in constant fear of the 'end' who never actually took on the full religion. How sad to held in bondage to ideas that you never fully embraced.

I was thinking of replying to this line - but I have to agree that the current rash of disasters are hard to ignore, especially by those influenced by Apocalyptic views like Jw's. Likely he would not believe that we are not in the worse of times ever, no matter the weight of evidence I present.

Jeff

• Layla33
    Layla33

Again, this is one of those insane things about the religion that I so don't agree with - they won't get involved with helping those that are less fortunate that have been hurt by such crisis and sick around with some sick twisted validation over natural occurences, even if they were harmed. You would think that at some point people would realize how absurb it all is.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The bigger the excitement and expectation, the bigger the disappointment

It's a shame but many who cling to 'end of the world' predictions look forward to news of gloom hoping it will confirm their beliefs. Just remember that eventually time passes and they are again shown to be off the mark in their predictions.

Every second Jehovah's Witnesses and their leaders at Watchtower headquarters continue to actually believe the end is near is another second they waste planning for the future. They have done this for over a century and continue to put their religion at risk. I hope they keep doing it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

One of the twins told my youngest daughter that she should not worry about going to college for years and years because "the end times are here". I went beserk! I called back and said "Don't you be teaching my daughter that shit"! "I don't believe in that crap anymore!" "I don't care if I die and go to hell tomorrow! I don't ever want to be a Jehovah's Witness again!"

Their Dad hears me and yells from the next room they're your daughters too! I said "They don't act like it"! I was pissed! I had to go lay down. That stuff gave me chest pains!

• Terry
    Terry

Imagine if you went to the same restaurant night after night and ordered the same meal and that meal consisted of bones, stems, seeds, leaves, gristle, fat and tepid tea!!

What would your view of the restaurant be?

This is what happens at the local Kingdom Hall. The "waiter" brings you tripe. The information a JW is allowed to receive about LIFE IN GENERAL is trimmed of all nutrition, flavor and hearty goodness and replaced with the stems, gristle and fat!

THIS IS A PSYCHOLOGICAL FILTER!

There are around 5 billion people on the Earth right now. The vast majority of them are fine, decent, honest, hard-working, genuine people who are just like everybody else. Most of them are religious in nature. The nasty few who cause trouble make the headlines.

By deliberately filtering out ALL GOOD NEWS the Watchtower Society is blinding people and destroying their taste buds for honest information about the real world!

It is like having a "friend" who only badmouths everybody and everything hanging around you poisoning your day with a polluted world view.

It drags you down and makes you depressed and negative too!!

These Jehovah's Witnesses become TOXIC!

Their level of negativity is like kryptosporidium in the drinking water!

The only remedy is to filter THEM first!

Every time you hear one of the JW's make a NEGATIVE statement, counter it with a POSITIVE one.

I have found that JW's hate POSITIVE statements!!

Weird. Just plain weird!

They are only allowed to make positive statements of propaganda about the Society and the religion itself.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Can't you just picture the joy the Dubbies experienced back in the 1300's when the Black Plague killed almost 100 million people?! "Woo Hoo, if this isn't the Great Tibulation I don't what is."

Or maybe a good little Dubbie in the late 1800's picks up the London newspaper and reads about Jack the Ripper...surely a sign of the End.

Or HOLY CRAP...word gets back to that nice little congregation in Spain in 1492 that some guy has discovered The New World!....so lemme see...The Great Tribulation happens in the 1300's and then in 1492 the New World is discovered. It's gotta be New Light. We is in the New World already. Think I'll start a religion. Sorry, just rambling. None of it makes sense.

-BONEZZ

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I remember when AIDS came out and how the Witnesses talked about it being "God's retrobution" on people taking blood transfusions and such...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit