your personal favourite books that freed you from the JW's

by ninja 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• ninja
    ninja

1/captives of a concept.....fantastic....thanks don...you freed my mind completely

2/visions of glory...barbara harrison....fantastic insights......(god can't kill arnold)

3/jehovah lives in brooklyn.....ricky francis.....he sums all JW's up brilliantly....love this book

sorry Ray F....I still loved your book..........ninja

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Wow, is this a serious thread from Ninja? I'm shocked!

Maybe I should go check the book titles to see if they are real books!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I am reading Steve Hassan's Combatting Mind Control righ now and it's blowing me away. I found myself sobbing at page 52 suddenly, where he touched on the sadness of cult members never reaching their potential or exercising their talents. I think I was mourning my lost chances. It is impacting me emotionally on a whole other level to CoC.

Seriously, on virtually every page my jaw drops open and I think "wow, and I thought that was unique to JW's!!"

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

visions of glory settled my mind about the WTBTS once and for all.

I got a real understanding of religion in general from a book called Women Saints East and West. I got three key concepts from that book that really helped me quite a bit. If you can find it, this is a good book to read.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Apocalypses- Prophecies, Cults, and Millennial beliefs through the Ages by Eugen Weber

Very helpful in deprogramming.

Here is a good review...

http://www.plekos.uni-muenchen.de/2001/rweber.html

• flipper
    flipper

" Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steve Hassan- it actually helped me more than " Crisis of Conscience" as it clearly shows how insidious mind control tactics are used in many different religious groups. It truly helped me understand how the Jehovah's Witnesses were able to control my mind for all those years ! But in reading " Crisis" first- it kind of paved the way naturally to the " Mind Control" book

• kool aid man06
    kool aid man06

A few years ago Mr. Kool Aid Man and I (HIs wife), were invited to an anniversary party for some old friends of ours at the home of a sister who had a parallel Bible. That prompted us to get one for ourselves and compare it with the New World Translation. That really opened our eyes to understanding the REAL truth! The journey to understanding what God really wants us to know is an ongoing one, to say the least. But, it is worth it all as it means our eternal life. That is our "favorite Book". It is the "only" book ever written that can help us attain eternal life by believing on Jesus Christ.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Pure science, history and research The Gentile Times Reconsidered by C. O. J

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Visions of Glory
    Jehovah of the Watchtower by the late Dr. Walter Martin
    Crisis of Conscience
    Why You Should Believe in the Trinity by Robert Bowman
    Thirty Years A Watchtower Slave by William Snell
    1984 by George Orwell

I list 1984, because I read it before I read any other book that was anti-WT. In that book I was able to identify the "Newspeak" of the WT, and the "Big Brother" within the parameters of the WTS. I am curious if anyone else was able to make this connection also?

• marmot
    marmot

The Book of Genesis and The Finished Mystery.

That's all it took, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit