The problems with my JW family

by Ima Apostate 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"As many of you probably know, they have an answer for every bible question. And they don't think much as to whether or not they make sense, just that they have an answer is enough for them"

That is one of the most profound statements I have ever seen referencing the JW mindset!

Now I am going to read the rest of your post!

Welcome!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry to be rude, but as vile as that rapist was to have assaulted you-your father assaulted you spiritually and emotionally. He is obviously never going to show you respect, and he is a danger to your daughter's piece of mind and wellbeing, self respect and probably will do his best to affect her respect for you.

Not that you asked, but I would not allow him to have anything to do with you or her.

I am glad you realize how damaging the religion is-but in this case, your father is an extension of it that is just as bad. Not everyone's JW parent is vile in that way, but he seems like a piece of work.

• Vincent
    Vincent

Hey there Im glad you are proud to be out of the religion and dad is a very bad association, If I had a JW dad telling my kid that sort of thing, I would of lost my temper. Examples from a bible student who was me, I was beginning to preach like a JW to a lot of people and I did this in family and at work, I remember the JW, texting me on the phone welldone and etc. 3 Situation got me away from the JW religion 1, Emma Gough refusal for blood due to religion killed her and she is younger than me in early 20's, 2. My emotions were very sensitive which meant I cried a lot even being alone studying or with my friend who was my shoulder to cry on and last My friend saw how stressed I was and me taking her to the JW I belive made her nearly had a nervous breakdown she also said I dont think this religion is doing me good after hearing the news for Emma Gough, I just cried. Next day was time to end it all, if u see the old thread in feb called experience from bible student would tell you the rest. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/153035/1.ashx The old thread may mention about another friend who had anxiety attacks after he walked out, This made me lose my temper with the JW and I was ready to belt 1 that bothered me but luckly I didnt get bothered by them and I did do a lot of hate talks on the chatrooms regarding this religion basically I needed it out of my system. Had few arguments on you tube for calling them cults by a witness until I said a verse in the bible which shut her up. Im proud to be out of the Jehovah's Witness, but however I dont belive in the bible anymore after this

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Welcome Ima!

I'm sorry you had that experience and that your dad failed you so miserably.

It is a very good thing that you are able to protect your young ones from his poisonous mentality.

I'm also glad you were able to rediscover faith. Don't let anybody take that away from you.

Not posting much, but still here,

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit