5thGen update

by 5thGeneration 6 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks again for all the advice.

Had the big meeting and things actually went really well.

I wanted to avoid attacking the Society at first and focus on my discouragement and burn out.

Quoted the WT from Sunday and told him this is exactly how I feel: "I have grown numb and become crushed to an extreme degree; I have roared due to the groaning of my heart. My own heart has palpitated heavily, my power has left me, and the light of my own eyes also is not with me." -Ps. 38:8,10.

To my surprise, all he did was quote a few things from the article and a few scriptures and asked if there was anything he could do.

It seemed that he was pleased that I didn't express 'Truth' issues but that it is just emotional issues so I figured why mix it up now and bring crap up.

He left asking if I can at least try to hit ONE Sunday meeting a month but he'd still like to see the girls try to go!

Holy crap! I think I dodged a bullet by not jumping the gun and revealing my apostate side.

So basically, as far as family, I am OUT as much as I want to be!

Now what shall I do with my freedom???

Last worry, of course, is my wife who has agreed to take my girls and then I have to explain it to them. It's gonna be hard on her.

Last thought is that I can now advise others to try the emotionally discouraged route before blasting the Society or God. It has kept the peace for me anyway.

Thanks again for all the support!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

He left asking if I can at least try to hit ONE Sunday meeting a month but he'd still like to see the girls try to go!

Holy crap! I think I dodged a bullet by not jumping the gun and revealing my apostate side.

So basically, as far as family, I am OUT as much as I want to be!

I think you did to

Glad things went well for you, I imagine you can eventually weasel out of the once a month thing too.

I'm sure you will find some great things to occupy your new FREEDOM!

cheers

hope4others

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good for you. Way to many people get excited and think all is lost when these things start happening. You must realize that local Elders are usually very naive and don't suspect these kinds of things. Being generic can really get them off your back.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well congratulations

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

You dodged a big one there. Keep things as best you are able for the family, I suppose.

Congrats!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I applaud you on a wise choice. Why make life any harder? Hope you're ok.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Quoted the WT from Sunday and told him this is exactly how I feel: "I have grown numb and become crushed to an extreme degree; I have roared due to the groaning of my heart. My own heart has palpitated heavily, my power has left me, and the light of my own eyes also is not with me." -Ps. 38:8,10.

That was a great scripture. I know how it feels. The same happens to me. I try to place my missing the meetings on discouragement as much as I can, dodging all the questions that might lead them to know I just don't agree with the Org.'s teachings. I don't like to call myself apostate, I think that is too big of a word for me.

But, I support your decision of not coming out completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit