The murderers are right!

by Fadeout 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Over the years there have been a few news stories about some "crazed" JW man or woman that kills their family because they don't want them to be destroyed at Armageddon.

WTS teaching is that anyone who dies in this system, if not irredeemably evil (Hitler), will be resurrected in the New System. WTS teaching is also that those who are not evil but merely indifferent, disfellowshipped, children having unbelieving parents, etc., will be destroyed very soon, and that this destruction is permanent, with no hope of resurrection.

Since this is the case, it is in fact the greatest act of love to kill one's loved ones NOW, assuring them of a resurrection and absolutely preventing them from destruction at Armageddon.

Why don't more JWs take this obvious, foolproof route to protecting the eternal lives of their loved ones? I say that deep down at the subconscious level, most of them don't really believe it.

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I never understood that reasoning. I had always thought that the reason JWs were going door to door was to sort all this out. Everyone would have made their decision. If you were not "incorrigibly wicked" and you turned down the JWs literature at your door and sent them on your way, you will still get resurrected if you die before Armageddon. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of JWs visiting you in the first place?

er

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think the reason most don't do it, is the consequences.
    Sure, you give your relatives (or whomever you kill) a good chance of living forever, but you give up your own shot at it.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

metaspy: I think the reason most don't do it, is the consequences. Sure, you give your relatives (or whomever you kill) a good chance of living forever, but you give up your own shot at it.

Sacrificing yourself for your friends is the greatest love of all according to Jesus. Heh.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    Since this is the case, it is in fact the greatest act of love to kill one's loved ones NOW, assuring them of a resurrection and absolutely preventing them from destruction at Armageddon.

*adjusting to JW logic* Seems reasonable to me. The deal is pretty cut and dried, this is a perfectly usable loophole.

Why don't more JWs take this obvious, foolproof route to protecting the eternal lives of their loved ones? I say that deep down at the subconscious level, most of them don't really believe it.

Not only to they not believe it, they know it isn't true and they choose not to care. We, the worldly have no sure and easy way to replace what they get from being part of the Borg Collective. Watch Star Trek. Seven of Nine (really hot Borg woman who was "freed".... and has a killer ass) still had issues with being separated from the Borg, even though she had a super-supportive happy little Starship Enterprise family around her. The mind gets used to being a drone, becoming a human can be an uncomfortable challenge for the disconnected.

I can cite a scripture from the worldly Bible cannon of popular movies:

The Matix, Neo's rehabilitation scene

Neo: "Why do my eyes hurt?"

Morphius: "You've never used them before".

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good point, FadeOut.

Actually, it reminds me of the fact that just by preaching, they are endangering everyone's lives.

Think about it. If Jehovah will resurrect anyone who did not have a chance to hear, then... DON'T PREACH AT THEM!!! That way they have a better chance of being resurrected, in perfect conditions, which is a lot better circumstance to be convinced. If you tell them now, and they reject you, and die... ah well.

Why haven't they figured this out? Why do they keep spoiling everyone's chances, and burning everyone's "get resurrected free" cards?

Pondering Baba

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, there is the mess. And then, maybe they would lose their own hopes of eternal life for killing somebody, unless of course, they off themselves afterward. Double murders aren't for everyone.

S

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think Bring the light concerning the Star Trek example of the BORG is right on target. The conflicts are clearly difficult to overcome even by the strongest and most determined JW's when they are forced out or leave under their own power. 7 of 9 character was brought in to the Voyager family but she didn't want that but it was forced upon her when she became separated from the collective. She was convinced she was an individual but didn't like the idea very much by Captain Janeway. JW's go through the same things when they find themselves for one reason or another separate from the collective of the Watchtower Bible Society. I recall my dear husband who took me bruised and battered after leaving the JW Collective showing me Star Trek episodes of Voyager I'd never seen. I felt like 7 of 9 and her exploration into being human helped me to feel OK exploring who I was in this new element of human reasoning. I am sure followers of the Latter Day Saints or any cult like religion has a simular experience upon leaving and then trying to function as a separate human being.

I brought this very concern up to my 1st husband who was a JW with me about preaching and how they (worldly friends, family and door to door calls) were really better off without us preaching to them. Once worldly people were preached too then responsibility was dumped in their lap for rejecting in imperfect circumstances. But those who died right away they would be resurrected to be given a chance. It all seemed rather pre-determined to suit me. My 1st husband was an JW Elder and he just tried to explain the unexplainable the best he could. I am sure he has thought of how our sons who are now out of the JW Borg would be best off if they had died, than in the state of disfellowshipped as they are now. That reasoning has lead many JW to kill themselves and their families though and the blood of the innocents are on the hands of the governing body members. I recall hoping my beloved family members would die before Armaggedon every came who resisted the idea that JW's had the only truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit