The Wrath of the Almighty

by HB 3 Replies latest social humour

• HB
    HB

A very bad "groan" joke......

There was a painter named Wayne who was very interested in making a penny where he could, so he often thinned down his paint to make it go a wee bit further.

As it happened, he got away with this for some time, but eventually the local Baptists decided to do a big restoration job on the outside of their large Church building.

Wayne put in a bid, and, because his price was reasonable, he got the job. So he set about erecting the scaffolding and setting up the planks, and buying the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say, thinning it down with turpentine.

Well, Wayne was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a tremendous clap of thunder, the sky opened, and the rain poured down, washing the thinned paint from the church walls. A bolt of lightening missed Wayne by inches and knocked him clear off the scaffold to land on the grass among the gravestones, surrounded by tell-tale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.

Wayne was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got down on his knees and cried:

"Oh, God, forgive me; what should I do?"

And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke..
    (you're going to love/hate this)

>

> > scroll down > > > "Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"
  • Casper
    Casper

... Now that was cute...!!

Cas

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Sorry HB……… I’m guna have to say that was awful……but I did laugh out loud.

And thin no more

Wouldn’t it be funny if god had a lisp…..

• Homerovah the Almighty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit